P4T533-C & Geforce4 I/O conflict XP
This is an error I'm getting under the resources for the video card:

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:
Intel(R) 82850/82860 Processor to AGP Controller - 2532
Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:

I can't change anything in the properties for the videocard of the AGP controller. I called Gainward and they are referring me to Asus. I called ASus and they have opened a support incident because they don't know what's going on.

I've installed the inf drivers for the chipset from intel and nothing's changed. When I install the drivers for the video card, it works fine until I click ok when I'm done installing the drivers, then the screen just gets random characters everwhere and I have to re-boot using last known good configuration. I'm using Widnows XP as well.

I've tried the beta bios drivers for the board, and that didn't change anything. the board came w/ 1003 bios, so I tried 1002 and 1003 beta 02 nothing helped.

I'm using the onboard audio and nic card, nothing else is plugged into the other pci cards. 512 MB of PC800 memory is installed as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
try to test graphics card drivers as you have done it with your mb bios/drivers.
have a look to compatibility issues or other issues related to your geForce4 graphics card on the gc constructor site.

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
try to test graphics card drivers as you have done it with your mb bios/drivers.
have a look to compatibility issues or other issues related to your geForce4 graphics card on the gc constructor site.

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

G

I tried all the beta drivers and lower drivers and it still doesn't work. The motherboard forces the IRQ of the Gainward card to IRQ 16 for some reason. Gainward said it needs to be IRQ11. There's nothing that I can see in the bios that will allow me to change the IRQ.

I went out and bought a VisionTek Geforce4 Ti4400 to see if that would work. I installed it and installed the latest nvidia drivers and the card works fine.

So is this just an incompatability w/ the Asus p4t533-c?

I noticed in some of Tom's reviews, he used the same board and graphics card, Gainward Geforce4 ti4400?

Any other ideas? I would prefer to keep the Gainward if I can get it to work?

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
penguin, IRQ16 doesnt exist.   :lol:       rofl.

G

I know it exists because I just checked the resource tab of the video card and it says IRQ16. Under the device tab, view devices by connection type, under IRQ, it goes up to IRQ24.

http://www.tangohosting.com/irq16.jpg

I did a screen catpure of the resources page that says IRQ16.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
it is a gypped screen resources capture picture.
there is no more irq above IRQ15.    :lol:

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
is there a link with <A HREF="http://search.britannica.com/search?ref=A01015&query=osiris&exact" target="_new">That</A>?       :smile:

The only possible way to get IRQ 16 is to run dual processors or run the dual processor drivers on a single processor board. IRQ 16 does not exist on single processor systems.Sounds like you need to revert back to the single processor drivers for xp. Do this first then maybe we can fix your video problem.

I aint signing nothing!!!

G

How do I revert back to the single pricessor drivers for xp? ?

Thanks

G

Hmm. So I tried installing my video card in a P4S533, P3V4X and my P4T533-c. I get the same problem after I install the drivers. I tried Windows 2000 as well, smae problem. I tried a friend's XP disk. Same thing. When it boots, it lists the devices and IRQ's when it's doing the POST, and the adapater says 11. Then once I install the drivers in the OS, it says IRQ16. I don't know what else to do?

????????????????????

I would have to asume you have a bad card or a bad set of drivers. Like everyone else has stated . IRQ 16 does not exist in single cpu desktop machines. It just dosen't.

Either try a different set of drivers and see if that fixes the problem. Even if it is the same revision number(23.11 etc.) a different copy. If this does not work I would return the card for replacement.

----------------------------------------------------------
. When it boots, it lists the devices and IRQ's when it's doing the POST, and the adapater says 11. Then once I install the drivers in the OS, it says IRQ16.
---------------------------------------------------------
From this information I would try new drivers.

I aint signing nothing!!!

G

I've tried all the drivers and will be sending the card back. I've put in a Geforce 256 card, it says IRQ16, which is wierd and a VisionTek Geforce4 Ti4400, it says IRQ16 and they both work fine. Just the Gainward doesn't.

Wierd. Oh well.

Thanks for all your help.