Help! it's a djungle out there...

G

oki...

I'm finally giving up on my old card (3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 AGP) and now I've been surfing different sites trying to understand the difference (if any) between all the graphics cards out on the market today and... well, I give up, I need help!

I'm the first to admit that I'm a total idiot when it comes to hardware but I do know that I really need a new card.

Anyhoo... here's my question
Between these three runners up what card should I choose?

1. Point Of View GeForce3 Ti200 64Mb DDR TV-Out AGP
2. Leadtek GeForce4 MX420 64mb SDRAM TV-out Retail AGP
3. Creative 3DBlaster GeForce4 MX440 64Mb DDR TV-out AGP

eden

Champion
Number 1, or else you either get crappy performance, or no future DirectX 8 support games, thus no new game is worth playing on it, than a Ti200.
The Ti200 also overclocks very well, though there are so many weird brand names, like this one I never heard about. A safe bet is from Asus, MSI (here it's the cheapest priced) or those mentioned in THG's GF3 Titanium guide. Check the guides out more detailed info!

--
I can't beleive Dungeon Siege has a pitchfork weapon called "Hoe"! :lol: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 05/26/02 03:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
I also recommend the Ti200. The other cards may be fine, but if you play games and want the card to last, you really should get the Ti200. I've never heard of that company, but you should look around for something that might be a bit "better".....

My firewall tastes like burning. :eek:

G

Thanks for answering!
With so many manufactorers, basicly no money to spend and absolutely no clue on what to look for, I really appreciate the help.

So, I guess I'll go for a Ti200 card and I'll follow the advise and look for a "better" brand or atleast one people have heard of before.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "better". I just couldn't think of this word but now I can. Credible. Maybe look for a company that is more "credible". There. Good luck!! :smile:

My firewall tastes like burning. :eek: