PNY G-FORCE-4 Ti4600 *DEAD* after a few months!

Damon0306

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I am very disapointed in my new video-card I purchased from Comp-USA.

I have a lot of knowlege with computers/cooling, all of my computers are built by me personally and are not junk.

I had this card in a server case with plenty of cooling, and after a few months of use it was DEAD. The only game I play with the damm thing is Counter-Strike.

For the $400 price-tag I think the card should last longer. I know they offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY, but for a person that uses there machine EVERY-DAY I could not be without a card.

I have no idea what went wrong with the card, but evertime I would go into a OpenGL application or game I would get a BLUE-SCREEN MAJOR ERROR which is rare in Windows-XP-PRO.

I replaced the card, with another new Ti-4600 the problems went away instantly and everthing is working fine again.

My first card was one of the FIRST 4 that CompUSA Parsippany, NJ store received.

I was wondering why the new card no longer shows itself during boot/post screen.

The old card showed a model number such as Nvidia G-FORCE 4 Ti4600, upon POST.

My new Ti4600 no longer does that, beleive it or not I bought another PNY Ti4600 because my local CompUSA did not have any of the VisionTek 4600's in stock.

Other then that the new card works great just like my old one did. I only worry if it TO will stop working within 6-months or so.

The card had plenty of cooling and it and my system are NOT OVER-CLOCKED.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
You bought a GFX card from CompUSA without buying a 2 year instant replacement warranty? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I got the 1st Visiontek 4600 my compusa got in, still going strong since day 1, it IS overclocked, significantly.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Damon0306

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I don't need the 2-year replacement warranty, my good friend works the customer service desk, and it can be returned up to two years without a replacement warranty :)

In other words I did not pay to swap the cards out.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
beleive it or not I bought another PNY Ti4600 because my local CompUSA did not have any of the VisionTek 4600's in stock.

Hey, i read what you wrote... something fishy bout a guy that changes his story-P Hope yer friend doesnt get fired. CompUSA's policy is 14 days satisfaction guarantee and the same 14 days for returning defective hardware. Beyond that its the customer's responsibility to return all hardware to the manufactorer for warranty repair or replacement unless the customer purchased a compusa instant replacement warranty which will allow you to trade in broken boards or working boards for replacements or upgrades.

So, i find yer story hard to believe. The lesson behind the laughter though is: buy the 20 dollar warranty, get your free GeForce 5 next year.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out