Sign in with
Your question

SBS Server for Newbie

Last response: in Business Computing
October 24, 2012 3:16:36 PM

Hello,
Hi, I a complete newbie in SBS. I am trying to see if it is possible to set up someone on the server with access to some of my clients. If I get my clients IT person to set up one of my contractors and then that contractor quits or I move that contractor to a different client, then my clients IT person has to go through setting up another contractor again. So, my question is can I set up a user on the server to access different clients from my server. Some of my clients use Citrix and Sonic Wall. So basically is it possible to have my clients IT people set it up once on my server and then I can have it load onto the desktop for that contractor on my server. Thank you so much for any input.

More about : sbs server newbie

October 27, 2012 11:30:42 AM

Sorry, but that's way to confusing!
November 2, 2012 4:07:59 PM

mbank said:
Hello,
Hi, I a complete newbie in SBS. I am trying to see if it is possible to set up someone on the server with access to some of my clients. If I get my clients IT person to set up one of my contractors and then that contractor quits or I move that contractor to a different client, then my clients IT person has to go through setting up another contractor again. So, my question is can I set up a user on the server to access different clients from my server. Some of my clients use Citrix and Sonic Wall. So basically is it possible to have my clients IT people set it up once on my server and then I can have it load onto the desktop for that contractor on my server. Thank you so much for any input.

Hmmm - it sounds like your business has finally grown to the point of needing an RMM. My suggestion would be to do some research on various RMM packages - which include TigerPaw, LabTech, Kaseya, etc.

This is much more efficient than having to worry about VPN tunnels or using PPTP. It also allows you to offer monitoring (which allows you to sell contracts and increase recurring revenue), maintenance periods, remote script execution, etc.

Another suggestion may be to purchase a LogMeIn account that allows you to add users. Add all of the relevant computers/servers to your account and provision users.
!