Change Codec's on a MCE machine?

After complaining to Dell support twice, I finally got a replacement TV
tuner. Installed it and continued to have recording failed problems. So I
goggled for hours and found a post about a Codec causing a problem. Feeling
pretty stupid to ask this question, but from reading another post somewhere,
a person seems to have narrowed their problems recording on the WinMCE
machines to a Codec installed by Pinnacle. I once installed, and have since
removed the trial version, but using a Gspot program I see I have a Code
still in my system pointing to Pinnacle. In fact there are 3 different ones
that are "red":
Type Format Codec Vendor
Driver File
DSH (none) Nero Digital AVC Video Enc (blank) ** Codec not
registered
DSH Mpeg1 Ulead DVD Video Decoder 2 (blank) ** File Missing
C:\blah blah
DSH UYVY ATI Media Center Video Encoder (blank) ** File Missing
C:\blah blah

How do I 1)change the first 2, and 2) fix the 3rd as I have an ATI
ehomewonder tuner?

Thanks for any help!
Bryan
1 answer Last reply
More about change codec machine

    Bryan

    I can tell you how to delete them, but can not comment if you should.

    Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices /Hardware /Video Codec's /Properties

    Select the codec to remove and remove it.

    Good Luck

    Hamish

    "Bryan" <bryanw20@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > After complaining to Dell support twice, I finally got a replacement TV
    > tuner. Installed it and continued to have recording failed problems. So I
    > goggled for hours and found a post about a Codec causing a problem.
    > Feeling pretty stupid to ask this question, but from reading another post
    > somewhere, a person seems to have narrowed their problems recording on the
    > WinMCE machines to a Codec installed by Pinnacle. I once installed, and
    > have since removed the trial version, but using a Gspot program I see I
    > have a Code still in my system pointing to Pinnacle. In fact there are 3
    > different ones that are "red":
    > Type Format Codec Vendor Driver
    > File
    > DSH (none) Nero Digital AVC Video Enc (blank) ** Codec not
    > registered
    > DSH Mpeg1 Ulead DVD Video Decoder 2 (blank) ** File Missing
    > C:\blah blah
    > DSH UYVY ATI Media Center Video Encoder (blank) ** File Missing
    > C:\blah blah
    >
    > How do I 1)change the first 2, and 2) fix the 3rd as I have an ATI
    > ehomewonder tuner?
    >
    > Thanks for any help!
    > Bryan

Dell Codec Computers