Must reboot modem and router to log on. Why?

When I get up in the morning I find that I am not able to log onto my Dlink
DI624 router without having to unplug it and the cable modem and then plug
them both in again.

Can someone tell me why it's necessary, only recently, to have to do this?
What can I do to resolve this problem?

There's been a lot of discussion in this NG about D-Link's inability to
automatically renew DHCP leases on the WAN link. But your description makes
me think of another possibility. Before I put my cable modem and router on
an Uninterruptible Power Supply, I had similar problems. The cable modem in
particular seemed sensitive to power outages, even ones that lasted only a
second (which we have too many of in my area). Maybe your power isn't so
steady.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

"Hank G." <hanknycNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> When I get up in the morning I find that I am not able to log onto my
Dlink
> DI624 router without having to unplug it and the cable modem and then plug
> them both in again.
>
> Can someone tell me why it's necessary, only recently, to have to do this?
> What can I do to resolve this problem?

Ron,

That's a good point. I'll put it on a UPS asap. But, I suspect, the problem
is more likely going to be the D-Link router. I also must go to the
configuration with both PCI clients and tell the software to disable
IEEE802.1X before those computers can log on, each and every time I boot up.
This problem does not exist with the D-Link PC card in our laptop. That's
why I'm more inclined to suspect the router.

I appreciate your reply.

Hank