radeon 8500 problem!!

G

I have just bought a ATI Radeon 8500 pro. All my drivers are updated ! But when im playaing the card flips, it starts to show red triangles on the screen and they are blinking! Its spoookyy=) ...does anyone know why? or what the !½"!!? is wrong with the card? thank u...\Tommy

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
What model is an 8500 Pro?

As for the triangles, is that just with a particular game? Also, when you updated the drivers, do you uninstall and wipe away your old ones? (Old ATI and old other card)

"Search your feelings you know it to be true, I am your... twin sister" - Darth Vader

G

The radeon 8500 pro is like the radeon 8500 but the card runs at 275\275 mhz. The problems appears in all the games i play...yep i allways uninstall my old drivers.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
A regular radeon runs at 275/275. It's the Radeon 8500LE that runs slower.

As for the drivers, did you actualy delete the remaning files manualy and clean out the regestry before you reinstalled the new ones?

If so, you probably have a bad card.

"Search your feelings you know it to be true, I am your... twin sister" - Darth Vader

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
I also have a question on the topic of weird graphic distortions on Radeon cards. I still have an old RadeonAIW and in 3D Marks 2K1 SE, in the car chase "games", The sky always flashes silver and black. This only occurs in Win2K where I get an average of 7FPS in low detail and 3 in high. Under WinME, I get no such problems and I get ~50FPS on low and ~15-20 under high. I was wondering if anyone else has these problems. I've been having the same problem with all drivers, even with the v6071.

My firewall tastes like burning. :eek:

G

ok have to try that...can u write down how to find the driver files ?

TRENDING THREADS