Just what the @#$! does vivo do???

fencerd4

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
i check this forum a lot about what does vivo do for 3 month now and finally decided to register(lazy)

i am not interested in capturing video from my camcorder or anything or record from my vcr. all i want to do is hook up my cable tv to my computer so i can record tv shows.

does vivo give you this??? im looking to buy a VGA EVGA|GF4 TI4200 128M with VIVO/TV out RETAIL BOX.for 180 from newegg if vivo does support live capturing of tv shows.

please verify if it does all i hear about vivo in hardocp and this forum is how it captures from vcr or camcorder. damn it if anybody can find something in this forum that describs that vivo captures from tv in a post i will SHOOT myself because i been looking for months!!!

thanks for reply

ps. would the quaility be good is vivo with geforce 4 can capture tv shows?

system is xp 2000 samsung 512 pc 333 epox EPOX 8K3A+
is this is any info might help on how it will perform the tv capturing IF THERE IS ANY.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Video In Video Out. You can use the Video Out on a TELEVISION as well as a VCR. As far as hooking up your cable box, it would only work if it has VIDEO and AUDIO connectors on it, the ANTENA CABLE CONNECTION is NOT PRESENT on a standard VIVO card.

So what does that leave you with? Yes you can record TV on your computer, but only if you use a Cable Box with the RCA Video and Audio connectors, OR use a VCR as a cable box.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?