Millhouse

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2002
Hi i have a Radeon 7500 and whenever i try to play games (openGL, D3D, so on) it locks up or restarts my comp. iv tryed ati's newest drivers and other 3rd party one's too and the same problem. even put it in a friends comp and work just fine for him. So would it be my motherboard, AGP chipset or other?

-Win XP pro
-P2 celeron 433mhz @541
-512 ram
-Asus P2B-B AT motherboard
AGPSet:
FW82443LX
L8421839
SL2KK
-40gb 7200
-Ati Radeon 7500

G

Hi, sorry to hear about the problem, as i have been ther myself. The only thing that i can surgest it to DOWNLOAD a supporting application from the manu website ie:,,, NVIDIA , 3dFX , AMD in your case its RADEON. This little app MIGHT sort the program out ! Godd Luck ! ! !. The only thing i can think of of that the GRAPHICS card is causeing the problem !. The other thing is that WINDOWS XP (oh dear oh dear)can ONLY installise 256MB ram & NO more, its the same with WINODWS M.E for thoes of you with M.E !.

linux has got to be better !

sturm

Splendid
try running ur computer at normal speed. not overclocked. if the problem goes away then the video card wont take the overclocked agp speed. if it still wont work then u might have a bad vid card. but like the other guy said upgrade off the celery ur slowing down ur vid card.