DeMarco

Distinguished
May 7, 2004
My computer has an ASUS A7S333 and the Hardware Monitor of the motherboard started to show PROBLEM DETECTED. Once i come to the BIOS setup to see whats going on , the 12V reader show 9V. I kept checking it since it was working fine. In some days it came back to 6V and i took it to the assistance. They gave it back to me saying no problem was found. I took it home and the reading was even lower : 3V. In the assistance again they kept it for 2 days and said IT WAS OK ! At home , with this only reading as the problem, i started to have system instability and hangs. I tryied to reinstal my WinXP Pro but i hang every time. Than i came back to Win 98 release 2, a lot more light and i could finish the install but started to shutoff suddenly without notice. It was ok running whatever i was running and shutdown completely like if you shut the power of the house off. I took it back once more to the assitance. After 8 days they said they changed 1 256 Mb DDR333, the CPU ( an AthlonXP 2000 ) and the cooler ( ???). Back at home i was relieved. No more hangs and shutdowns but the reading of the 12V was still showing 3V and hardware monitor kept showing the problem. I decided to keep the equipment while it was running ok. Today, i started to hang and shut again and went back to the Bios setup . The 12V reader is showing readings from 0V to 0,6V.
Some one could tell me, Please, What The.. is going on in my PC ? I thought that after all this only here i could hear a wise answer.
Thanks for you time

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Download and run Motherboard Monitor 5. It shows voltages and temps. This will confirm if system is expereincing voltage probs. A cross check really <A HREF="http://mbm.livewiredev.com/" target="_new">http://mbm.livewiredev.com/</A>

You may have a crappy/faulty power supply

Barton 2500+
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
9600 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE