Microphone driver download window 7

G

computer is not detecting a mic. i need a driver right? i installed window 7 on comp.

Solution
I experienced a problem where the microphone was not detected by Windows 7 when plugged into the front pink microphone jack and subsequently could not use the mic. If you're having the same problem try the following. It worked for me.

Environment: Audio is set to HD audio in the BIOS.

Steps:

1. Get the latest sound drivers for Windows 7 for your motherboard.
2. Try plugging the mic into the front pink mic jack.
3. If it does not auto detect and you're not able to use the mic, plug the mic into the rear pink jack. The mic should now work properly and also get detected.
4. Unplug and plug back into the front pink jack. It should now auto detect and work properly.

-----
Asus P6TD Deluxe Intel X58 Core i7 LGA1366 DDR3 ATX
Intel Core i7...

Kaylani

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
I experienced a problem where the microphone was not detected by Windows 7 when plugged into the front pink microphone jack and subsequently could not use the mic. If you're having the same problem try the following. It worked for me.

Environment: Audio is set to HD audio in the BIOS.

Steps:

1. Get the latest sound drivers for Windows 7 for your motherboard.
2. Try plugging the mic into the front pink mic jack.
3. If it does not auto detect and you're not able to use the mic, plug the mic into the rear pink jack. The mic should now work properly and also get detected.
4. Unplug and plug back into the front pink jack. It should now auto detect and work properly.

-----
Asus P6TD Deluxe Intel X58 Core i7 LGA1366 DDR3 ATX
Intel Core i7 Quad 920 2.66Ghz 8MB Cache 45NM (LGA 1366)
Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 6GB(3x2GB) DDR3-1600 CL8 w/DHX (x2 for 12GB)
eVGA Geforce GTX275 896MB DDR3 633Mhz PCI-E 896-P3-1170-AR
Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W
CM67 Cooler Master RC-922M-KKN1-GP HAF Mini 922 w/o PS
Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler (RR-UV8-XBU1-GP)
Samsung 22x DVD +- RW Burner with Dual/Double Layer Support OEM

Solution