Linksys WRT54G Broadband router

I have just bought the above router and I'm have some trouble.

I got two PC's running XP-pro I have a cable modem pluged in the
'internet' port on the router, one PC pluged into the ethernet port on
the router. The other pc is downstairs connected via the wireless.

I have an internet connection on both but I want to know if I can
share files between both pcs via the wireless connection.

Cheers
3 answers Last reply
More about linksys wrt54g broadband router

    YES... just make sure the PCs are set up for file/print sharing.

    Remember, it is a standard network connection, just wireless vs wire!

    Bill

    mfkev@hotmail.com (Kev) wrote in

    > I have just bought the above router and I'm have some trouble.
    >
    > I got two PC's running XP-pro I have a cable modem pluged in the
    > 'internet' port on the router, one PC pluged into the ethernet port on
    > the router. The other pc is downstairs connected via the wireless.
    >
    > I have an internet connection on both but I want to know if I can
    > share files between both pcs via the wireless connection.
    >

    > Cheers

    It's no different if the machines were using an all wired connection on
    the router.

    For XP Pro, one should disable Simple File Sharing and use the Classic
    mode of shaing resources on XP Pro, which is being talked about on the XP
    Pro link.

    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/contact.htm

    As being discussed on the XP link is to use Autenticated Users on all
    shares.

    You should harden the XP Pro O/S to attack a little bit.

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/index5.php

    Duane :)

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/index5.php

    Activate the file and rinting sharing from the network properties menu.
    Also, the computers need to be at the same workgroup.

    "Kev" <mfkev@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have just bought the above router and I'm have some trouble.
    >
    > I got two PC's running XP-pro I have a cable modem pluged in the
    > 'internet' port on the router, one PC pluged into the ethernet port on
    > the router. The other pc is downstairs connected via the wireless.
    >
    > I have an internet connection on both but I want to know if I can
    > share files between both pcs via the wireless connection.
    >

    > Cheers

Wireless Routers Internet Wireless Networking