Linksys WRT54G Broadband router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
June 15, 2004 6:31:56 PM

I have just bought the above router and I'm have some trouble.

I got two PC's running XP-pro I have a cable modem pluged in the
'internet' port on the router, one PC pluged into the ethernet port on
the router. The other pc is downstairs connected via the wireless.

I have an internet connection on both but I want to know if I can
share files between both pcs via the wireless connection.

Cheers
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 16, 2004 2:38:40 AM

YES... just make sure the PCs are set up for file/print sharing.

Remember, it is a standard network connection, just wireless vs wire!

Bill
"Kev" <mfkev@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have just bought the above router and I'm have some trouble.
>
> I got two PC's running XP-pro I have a cable modem pluged in the
> 'internet' port on the router, one PC pluged into the ethernet port on
> the router. The other pc is downstairs connected via the wireless.
>
> I have an internet connection on both but I want to know if I can
> share files between both pcs via the wireless connection.
>

> Cheers
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 16, 2004 2:55:20 AM

mfkev@hotmail.com (Kev) wrote in

> I have just bought the above router and I'm have some trouble.
>
> I got two PC's running XP-pro I have a cable modem pluged in the
> 'internet' port on the router, one PC pluged into the ethernet port on
> the router. The other pc is downstairs connected via the wireless.
>
> I have an internet connection on both but I want to know if I can
> share files between both pcs via the wireless connection.
>

> Cheers

It's no different if the machines were using an all wired connection on
the router.

For XP Pro, one should disable Simple File Sharing and use the Classic
mode of shaing resources on XP Pro, which is being talked about on the XP
Pro link.

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/contact.htm

As being discussed on the XP link is to use Autenticated Users on all
shares.

You should harden the XP Pro O/S to attack a little bit.

http://www.uksecurityonline.com/index5.php

Duane :)

http://www.uksecurityonline.com/index5.php
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 16, 2004 4:56:00 PM

Activate the file and rinting sharing from the network properties menu.
Also, the computers need to be at the same workgroup.

!