Network painfully slow b/c of time synch problem?

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
ok... well, this machine is still having problems. now, when i try to connect to another xp machine, i get an error that says "this servers clock is not synchronized with the primary domain controllers clock". could this be the answer to all my problems? ive tried to synch it from a cmd prompt...(NET TIME /DOMAIN /SET /Y) various errors, including this:
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>net time /homedomain /set /y
The option /HOMEDOMAIN is unknown.

The syntax of this command is:

NET TIME
[\\computername | /DOMAIN[:domainname] | /RTSDOMAIN[:domainname]] [/SET]
[\\computername] /QUERYSNTP
[\\computername] /SETSNTP[:ntp server list]

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3506.

this:

C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>net time /homedomain /set /y
The option /HOMEDOMAIN is unknown.

The syntax of this command is:

NET TIME
[\\computername | /DOMAIN[:domainname] | /RTSDOMAIN[:domainname]] [/SET]
[\\computername] /QUERYSNTP
[\\computername] /SETSNTP[:ntp server list]

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3506.

C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>net time | /homedomain /set /y
'/homedomain' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>net time | \\comp2 | /homedomain /set /y

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>net time | \\comp2 | /homedomain/set/y

C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>net time | \\game-server /homedomain/set
/y

C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>

my computer is comp2, my server is game-server and the domain is homedomain. what am i doing wrong?

Itchy and Scratchy #1325,Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone; strikes the same rib twice but clearly 2 different notes sound. are we to believe that this is some sort of magic xylophone?

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
well, it showed me the time, but i still cant connect. the time on the clients (i tried it on my other xp machine)didnt change... shouldnt it have?

EDIT: I GOT IT TO WORK!! now to see if that cures my problems....

Itchy and Scratchy #1325,Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone; strikes the same rib twice but clearly 2 different notes sound. are we to believe that this is some sort of magic xylophone?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tdean on 12/31/03 04:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
well, time synch worked, but i still cant browse the network 15 or so minutes after i logon. when i click network neighborhood it just hangs. ive tried running an os repair and everthing's updated. i can get in if i go there immediately after i logon and just keep it minimized.

Itchy and Scratchy #1325,Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone; strikes the same rib twice but clearly 2 different notes sound. are we to believe that this is some sort of magic xylophone?