Dimension 9100

Can the Dimension 9100 by default handle both the 6XX series P4 and D Series
P4 or are there different motherboards/chipsets within the same model?

Had a look on the website but couldn't get a definitive answer.

thanks in advance

Bal

On July 22 2005, "Bal" <uknews1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can the Dimension 9100 by default handle both the 6XX series P4 and D
> Series
> P4 or are there different motherboards/chipsets within the same model?
>
> Had a look on the website but couldn't get a definitive answer.
>
> thanks in advance

Easyist way is to go to Intels site and look at the cpu specs to see if
they fit the same socket to start with ;)

--
If you want to email me then use this:

MikeT at dsl dot pipex dot com

>> Can the Dimension 9100 by default handle both the 6XX series P4 and D
>> Series
P4 or are there different motherboards/chipsets within the same model?
Had a look on the website but couldn't get a definitive answer.

Bal:

I have the 9100 with the Intel 630 CPU, and I had the same concerns as you
do.
Per Intel's web site that CPU uses the same socket and chipset as the dual
core D series.

Another concern of mine was, that Dell would use the same cooling shroud
for both types of CPUs.
It is the same.

"CZ" <CZ@no99spam.com> wrote in message
>>> Can the Dimension 9100 by default handle both the 6XX series P4 and D
>>> Series
> P4 or are there different motherboards/chipsets within the same model?
> Had a look on the website but couldn't get a definitive answer.
>
> Bal:
>
> I have the 9100 with the Intel 630 CPU, and I had the same concerns as you
> do.
> Per Intel's web site that CPU uses the same socket and chipset as the dual
> core D series.
>
> Another concern of mine was, that Dell would use the same cooling shroud
> for both types of CPUs.
> It is the same.

much appreciated CZ, just the answer I was hoping for.

Bal