D-Link DI-524 problem

Just replaced a wired router with a wireless DI-524 and can not
connect to Verizon DSL through the WAN port. I plugged the modem into
a LAN port and have Internet access from all computers, but when the
modem is plugged into the WAN port nothing. The WAN light does not
even light up. I do not believe it's a faulty WAN port seeing it will
light up if we plug a computer connection into it.

Any suggestions or links to sites that cover this type of set-up?

TIA,
Steve
4 answers Last reply
More about link problem

    Steve,

    I recommend you go back over the manual that came with the DI-524. Yours is
    a typical setup and should be adequately covered in the manual. I also
    recommend that you turn the old router back on and review its configuration
    settings. They'll be very similar to the settings that you need on the new
    router, except (of course) for the wireless settings.

    Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

    "Steve Dault" <daults@(remove)comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Just replaced a wired router with a wireless DI-524 and can not
    > connect to Verizon DSL through the WAN port. I plugged the modem into
    > a LAN port and have Internet access from all computers, but when the
    > modem is plugged into the WAN port nothing. The WAN light does not
    > even light up. I do not believe it's a faulty WAN port seeing it will
    > light up if we plug a computer connection into it.
    >
    > Any suggestions or links to sites that cover this type of set-up?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Steve

    I called the techs since I had a similar problem.
    They instructed me to change one of the settings from 100,000 to 10,000
    somewhere in the router possibly LAN settings.
    Sorry I am not more specific. :-(
    later,
    dave
    DI-524

    "Steve Dault" <daults@(remove)comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Just replaced a wired router with a wireless DI-524 and can not
    > connect to Verizon DSL through the WAN port. I plugged the modem into
    > a LAN port and have Internet access from all computers, but when the
    > modem is plugged into the WAN port nothing. The WAN light does not
    > even light up. I do not believe it's a faulty WAN port seeing it will
    > light up if we plug a computer connection into it.
    >
    > Any suggestions or links to sites that cover this type of set-up?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Steve

    Thanks Dave, that fixed the problem. Just wondering did they explain
    why we have to do this?

    Steve

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 03:09:02 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
    <NO_vwdoc1_SPAM_@hotmail.com_PLEASE> wrote:

    >I called the techs since I had a similar problem.
    >They instructed me to change one of the settings from 100,000 to 10,000
    >somewhere in the router possibly LAN settings.
    >Sorry I am not more specific. :-(
    >later,
    >dave
    >DI-524
    >
    >"Steve Dault" <daults@(remove)comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Just replaced a wired router with a wireless DI-524 and can not
    >> connect to Verizon DSL through the WAN port. I plugged the modem into
    >> a LAN port and have Internet access from all computers, but when the
    >> modem is plugged into the WAN port nothing. The WAN light does not
    >> even light up. I do not believe it's a faulty WAN port seeing it will
    >> light up if we plug a computer connection into it.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions or links to sites that cover this type of set-up?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Steve

    No they didn't explain anything, but I did not outright ask either since
    they try to keep conversations brief!
    They must be trying to keep us in the dark. lol

    glad I could help. ;-)
    later,
    dave

    "Steve Dault" <daults@(remove)comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks Dave, that fixed the problem. Just wondering did they explain
    > why we have to do this?
    >
    > Steve
    >

    > On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 03:09:02 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
    > <NO_vwdoc1_SPAM_@hotmail.com_PLEASE> wrote:
    >
    > >I called the techs since I had a similar problem.
    > >They instructed me to change one of the settings from 100,000 to 10,000
    > >somewhere in the router possibly LAN settings.

WAN Light Wireless Networking