Sign in with
Your question

New 8500 Drivers!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 10, 2002 5:33:52 PM

Get them <A HREF="http://www.warp2search.net/download.php?op=viewsdownloa..." target="_new">here.</A> The 9039/6091 drivers were apparently leaked on the 7th. The XP drivers are on the second page.

From what I read on Rage3d, it doesn't boost the benchmarks too much, but it has given some people 10-15% framerate increase in several DX and OGL games.

This is a newer version of the OGL driver than the OGL patch that ATI released a few weeks ago.

Also note, that these are the core drivers only. The best way I've heard to install them is to update your drivers from the device manager or to unzip them over an older install of the drivers (6071/9031) so you don't loose some of your advanced functions (the DX and OGL bars in the advanced options). Also, apparently adjusting the Gamma was having problems.

I haven't tried them yet, I'll post my results later when I get a chance to try them

"Search your feelings you know it to be true, I am your... twin sister" - Darth Vader

More about : 8500 drivers

June 11, 2002 4:56:01 AM

thanks for the advice.
June 11, 2002 9:25:37 AM

oh.... so that's how you suppose 2 install them, no wonder i lost my ATI option tab after i installed it. thanx, i'll give it another go
Related resources
June 11, 2002 9:32:56 AM

no, just for the link. :-)
June 11, 2002 1:15:30 PM

How did they run though?

I didn't get a chance to try them last night (Stupid home dialup :mad:  )

"Search your feelings you know it to be true, I am your... twin sister" - Darth Vader
June 11, 2002 3:20:48 PM

i would try them...but i decided not to because not only were there mixed results (based on the forums on <A HREF="http://www.rage3d.com" target="_new">rage3d</A>)...but the tabs in the advanced display properties arent guranteed to be there (even with updating the driver...not fresh install)...i think these drivers are too much of a hassle to deal with...and even if you do get them to work....you dont see a huge improvement in performance...
im just going to stay with the omega/plutonium drivers right now...and ill wait until they come up with updated drivers that include the 6093 (win xp) core drivers.

:eek:  <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek: 
!