Programs to showoff a Radeon 8500?

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Now that I have a shiny new video card what programs can I use to showcase it and where can I get the programs?

I'm not talking about games but rather demonstration programs, like the Nature Test in 3DMark2001.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 06/12/02 02:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
you can go to the ati website and find some demos...
i d/led the TruForm and Nature demo...
get'em <A HREF="http://www.ati.com/developer/demos.html" target="_new">here</A>

:eek: <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek:

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Hmmm, the demos aren't working for me. This was in the error.log file.

<font color=red>; ATI Sushi Error Log
; Created Wed Jun 12 22:11:11 2002

[N:\1Sushi\RunTime\WinD3D\AwFn.cpp] (line 386): D3DAw Error: AwInitWindow - Unable to find an acceptable depth/stencil format
[N:\1Sushi\RunTime\Main.cpp] (line 431): AwInitWindow returned FALSE! Unable to create window! Quitting!</font color=red>

Do you know what it means?

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Found some partial answers at Google Groups.

1) Beta drivers disable 8-bit Stencil (whatever that means) by default. (Thought I was using an official driver, 9031 (Win9x).

2) One user said that the above can be enabled with a Registry hack. Change the value of all occurances of "Zformats" to 7. That's the value not the name. This worked. The demos now work but I'm seeing some strange things on my desktop. When I select a task on the taskbar the icon turns all black. In Display properties the image of the two displays (1 and 2) under the Displays tab are invisible. Nothing else seems wrong. Strange.

<b>Update:</b>
The black out thing only happens after I run Ati's Nature demo and it clears up when I run another demo. I think that one demo is just messing up the video card's palette.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 06/12/02 11:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>