Perth - Free Wireless Internet Access.

Archived from groups: aus.comms,aus.comms.mobile,aus.computers,alt.internet.wireless,soc.culture.australian (More info?)

May be of interest to those of you with WI-FI enabled laptops and
PDAs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have set up free wireless internet access for WI-FI enabled devices
at the Infusion Coffee Shop in the Plaza Arcade.

Service provides access to web browsing, email and http protocol
enabled programs such as AvantGo wireless sync. Connectivity tests
were carried out using a Palm Tungsten C and IBM Thinkpad A30. Users
must provide their own wireless devices.

Location Details:

INFUSION COFFEE & TEA
Shp 13
Plaza Arcade
185 Murray St
Perth 6000

Switch On, Connect, Chill Out . (Apologies to Timothy Leary).
8 answers Last reply
More about perth free wireless internet access
  1. Archived from groups: aus.comms,aus.comms.mobile,aus.computers,alt.internet.wireless,soc.culture.australian (More info?)

    chppxf1@yahoo.com.au (Patrick Finnegan) wrote in message news:<a1538a71.0406160016.720fa526@posting.google.com>...
    > May be of interest to those of you with WI-FI enabled laptops and
    > PDAs.
    >
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > I have set up free wireless internet access for WI-FI enabled devices
    > at the Infusion Coffee Shop in the Plaza Arcade.
    >
    > Service provides access to web browsing, email and http protocol
    > enabled programs such as AvantGo wireless sync. Connectivity tests
    > were carried out using a Palm Tungsten C and IBM Thinkpad A30. Users
    > must provide their own wireless devices.
    >
    > Location Details:
    >
    > INFUSION COFFEE & TEA
    > Shp 13
    > Plaza Arcade
    > 185 Murray St
    > Perth 6000

    Australia :)

    > Switch On, Connect, Chill Out . (Apologies to Timothy Leary).
  2. Archived from groups: aus.comms,aus.comms.mobile,aus.computers,alt.internet.wireless,soc.culture.australian (More info?)

    chppxf1@yahoo.com.au (Patrick Finnegan) wrote in message news:<a1538a71.0406160016.720fa526@posting.google.com>...
    > May be of interest to those of you with WI-FI enabled laptops and
    > PDAs.
    >
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > I have set up free wireless internet access for WI-FI enabled devices
    > at the Infusion Coffee Shop in the Plaza Arcade.
    >
    > Service provides access to web browsing, email and http protocol
    > enabled programs such as AvantGo wireless sync. Connectivity tests
    > were carried out using a Palm Tungsten C and IBM Thinkpad A30. Users
    > must provide their own wireless devices.
    >
    > Location Details:
    >
    > INFUSION COFFEE & TEA
    > Shp 13
    > Plaza Arcade
    > 185 Murray St
    > Perth 6000

    Australia :)

    > Switch On, Connect, Chill Out . (Apologies to Timothy Leary).
  3. Archived from groups: aus.comms,aus.comms.mobile,aus.computers,alt.internet.wireless,soc.culture.australian (More info?)

    Free wireless provided by Brisbane City Council in the Brisbane Queen Street
    Mall as well.

    GT

    --------------------

    > I have set up free wireless internet access for WI-FI enabled devices
    > at the Infusion Coffee Shop in the Plaza Arcade.
    >
    > Service provides access to web browsing, email and http protocol
    > enabled programs such as AvantGo wireless sync. Connectivity tests
    > were carried out using a Palm Tungsten C and IBM Thinkpad A30. Users
    > must provide their own wireless devices.
    >
    > Location Details:
    >
    > INFUSION COFFEE & TEA
    > Shp 13
    > Plaza Arcade
    > 185 Murray St
    > Perth 6000
    >
    > Switch On, Connect, Chill Out . (Apologies to Timothy Leary).
  4. Archived from groups: aus.comms,aus.comms.mobile,aus.computers,alt.internet.wireless,soc.culture.australian (More info?)

    Anywhere in Melbourne that is free?? Where we are staying is dialup at
    14.4k - what a pain? Also anyone know of wireless availability (free or
    paid) in the Northern suburbs eg Greensborough, Eltham, etc

    Steve
    "GT" <blt22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Free wireless provided by Brisbane City Council in the Brisbane Queen
    Street
    > Mall as well.
    >
    > GT
    >

    > "Patrick Finnegan" <chppxf1@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > > May be of interest to those of you with WI-FI enabled laptops and
    > > PDAs.

    > --------------------
    > >
    > > I have set up free wireless internet access for WI-FI enabled devices
    > > at the Infusion Coffee Shop in the Plaza Arcade.
    > >
    > > Service provides access to web browsing, email and http protocol
    > > enabled programs such as AvantGo wireless sync. Connectivity tests
    > > were carried out using a Palm Tungsten C and IBM Thinkpad A30. Users
    > > must provide their own wireless devices.
    > >
    > > Location Details:
    > >
    > > INFUSION COFFEE & TEA
    > > Shp 13
    > > Plaza Arcade
    > > 185 Murray St
    > > Perth 6000
    > >
    > > Switch On, Connect, Chill Out . (Apologies to Timothy Leary).

  5. Archived from groups: aus.comms,aus.comms.mobile,aus.computers,alt.internet.wireless,soc.culture.australian (More info?)

    "SteveS" <stevesub@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Anywhere in Melbourne that is free?? Where we are staying is dialup at
    > 14.4k - what a pain? Also anyone know of wireless availability (free or
    > paid) in the Northern suburbs eg Greensborough, Eltham, etc

    Try McDonalds
  6. Archived from groups: aus.comms,aus.comms.mobile,aus.computers,alt.internet.wireless,soc.culture.australian (More info?)

    Ron <svhs400@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > chppxf1@yahoo.com.au (Patrick Finnegan) wrote in message news:<a1538a71.0406160016.720fa526@posting.google.com>...
    [deleted]
    > > Location Details:
    > >
    > > INFUSION COFFEE & TEA
    > > Shp 13
    > > Plaza Arcade
    > > 185 Murray St
    > > Perth 6000
    >
    > Australia :)

    Thanks for your seppo-courtesy. The rest of course read the
    Newsgroups: line or/and the From: the first time and realized what it
    meant.
  7. Archived from groups: aus.comms,aus.comms.mobile,aus.computers,alt.internet.wireless,soc.culture.australian (More info?)

    Michael wrote:
    > "SteveS" <stevesub@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anywhere in Melbourne that is free?? Where we are staying is dialup at
    >>14.4k - what a pain? Also anyone know of wireless availability (free or
    >>paid) in the Northern suburbs eg Greensborough, Eltham, etc
    >

    > Try McDonalds

    I think there is a programme called 'Net Stumbler' that searches for
    wireless access points. I'm not into it but I know friends that use
    wireless access points all over the place, if a company is stupid enough
    to set up a wireless network and not encrypt it they deserve to get
    freeloaders.

    73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
  8. Archived from groups: aus.comms,aus.comms.mobile,aus.computers,alt.internet.wireless,soc.culture.australian (More info?)

    So i can just use any Centrino WI FI 802.11B devices?
    where else in perth is this courtesy extended?

    --------------------

    > I have set up free wireless internet access for WI-FI enabled devices
    > at the Infusion Coffee Shop in the Plaza Arcade.
    >
    > Service provides access to web browsing, email and http protocol
    > enabled programs such as AvantGo wireless sync. Connectivity tests
    > were carried out using a Palm Tungsten C and IBM Thinkpad A30. Users
    > must provide their own wireless devices.
    >
    > Location Details:
    >
    > INFUSION COFFEE & TEA
    > Shp 13
    > Plaza Arcade
    > 185 Murray St
    > Perth 6000
    >
    > Switch On, Connect, Chill Out . (Apologies to Timothy Leary).

Wireless Wireless Internet Wireless Networking