CG language from nvidia

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
That a really a great move.

Nvidia look more and more like intel

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Lol... intel developer kits, intel developer advertising, intel developer candy canes, intel developer classes sign up now, intel developers learn how to use sse2 and outperform palominos when unknowing reviewers run benchmarks!

This little cathode light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
I like that hard to beat PAL with a NW they dont even offer competion.

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie

Myrmecophagavir

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
Lol... intel developer kits, intel developer advertising, intel developer candy canes, intel developer classes sign up now, intel developers learn how to use sse2 and outperform palominos when unknowing reviewers run benchmarks!
If Intel want to give help to people to tell them how to use the hardware they've made, that's great. If the competition can't be bothered, that's their loss. But I don't see what that has to do with Cg, since it produces standard DirectX shaders that work on any suitable platform? You're saying Nvidia shouldn't be able to tell people how to use the stuff they've invented?

I like that hard to beat PAL with a NW they dont even offer competion.
Now I'm really confused... :eek:

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
CG is ok, but from what I've been reading is it's rather limited. It won't be able to accomodate all the features of the more advanced cards coming out.

[b<font color=red>I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up.</font color=red></b>

Myrmecophagavir

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
I'm sure the next release will accomodate all the features of the NV30 :smile:

As for the others, Parhelia is a DX8 card anyway, P10 is a way off, and what's the R300 going to add in terms of shaders? Is there another PS/VS version standard on the way in the short term?