Wireless option for Latitude C610

Just purchased a Latitude C610 from DFS. No OS. Plan to install W2K and
would like to add wireless. I have two questions. First any known problems I
might run into installing win 2K on this machine. Second, I know this model
does not have internal wireless option (think the D series is needed for
this) any recommendations from the group for wireless card?

Thank You
Howard

Tim

"Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Just purchased a Latitude C610 from DFS. No OS. Plan to install W2K and
> would like to add wireless. I have two questions. First any known problems
> might run into installing win 2K on this machine. Second, I know this
> model
> does not have internal wireless option (think the D series is needed for
> this) any recommendations from the group for wireless card?
>
> Thank You

> Howard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834997702 I just
installed this and it seems to work ok. Tim

"Tim" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message news:antEe.92$x32.32@trndny09...

> "Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > Just purchased a Latitude C610 from DFS. No OS. Plan to install W2K and
> > would like to add wireless. I have two questions. First any known
problems
> > might run into installing win 2K on this machine. Second, I know this
> > model
> > does not have internal wireless option (think the D series is needed for
> > this) any recommendations from the group for wireless card?
> >
> > Thank You
>
> > Howard
>

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834997702 I
just
> installed this and it seems to work ok. Tim

Thank you for the link and reply. Still have a question? Did you install
this in a C610? Where is the antenna? I didn't think the C series had an
antenna built into the case.

> "Tim" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> > Just purchased a Latitude C610 from DFS. No OS. Plan to install W2K and
>> > would like to add wireless. I have two questions. First any known
> problems
>> > might run into installing win 2K on this machine. Second, I know this
>> > model
>> > does not have internal wireless option (think the D series is needed
>> > for
>> > this) any recommendations from the group for wireless card?
>> >
>> > Thank You
>>
>> > Howard
>>

>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834997702 I
> just
>> installed this and it seems to work ok. Tim
>>
> Thank you for the link and reply. Still have a question? Did you install
> this in a C610? Where is the antenna? I didn't think the C series had an
> antenna built into the case.
>
> Thank You
> Howard

If you remove the door where you put the memory you will see the slot for
the card. The antenna is there.
I have installed on C610 & C640. Tim

> "Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Tim" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > problems

> >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834997702 I
> > just
> >> installed this and it seems to work ok. Tim
> >>
> > Thank you for the link and reply. Still have a question? Did you install
> > this in a C610? Where is the antenna? I didn't think the C series had an
> > antenna built into the case.
> >
> > Thank You
> > Howard
> >

> If you remove the door where you put the memory you will see the slot for
> the card. The antenna is there.
> I have installed on C610 & C640. Tim

Thanks. Will get the intel card and install.

Howard

"Tim" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Tim" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > problems

> >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834997702 I
> > just
> >> installed this and it seems to work ok. Tim
> >>
> > Thank you for the link and reply. Still have a question? Did you install
> > this in a C610? Where is the antenna? I didn't think the C series had an
> > antenna built into the case.
> >
> > Thank You
> > Howard
> >

> If you remove the door where you put the memory you will see the slot for
> the card. The antenna is there.
> I have installed on C610 & C640. Tim

Tim
I got the card and am istalling it. Only problem is. There are two antenna
connections on the card one labeled main and the other aux. There are two
antenna leads in the PCI compartment one is long and the other short. They
are not labeled. Connectors are the same and either one could reach either
connector on the card. No info on the intel or Dell site. Do you know if it
makes a difference which lead goes to which connector on the card?
Thanks

> "Tim" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Tim" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message

> and
>> > problems

>> > just
>> >>
>> > Thank you for the link and reply. Still have a question? Did you
>> > install
>> > this in a C610? Where is the antenna? I didn't think the C series had
>> > an
>> > antenna built into the case.
>> >
>> > Thank You
>> > Howard
>> >

>> If you remove the door where you put the memory you will see the slot for
>> the card. The antenna is there.
>> I have installed on C610 & C640. Tim
>>
> Tim
> I got the card and am istalling it. Only problem is. There are two antenna
> connections on the card one labeled main and the other aux. There are two
> antenna leads in the PCI compartment one is long and the other short. They
> are not labeled. Connectors are the same and either one could reach either
> connector on the card. No info on the intel or Dell site. Do you know if
> it
> makes a difference which lead goes to which connector on the card?
> Thanks
> Howard

I just put wires on without crossing them. There are guides to tuck the
wires in so they stay in place. It works ok for me. Tim

> "Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Tim" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Howard Nelson" <htnelsonvip@pacbell.net> wrote in message

W2K
> > and

> >> If you remove the door where you put the memory you will see the slot
for
> >> the card. The antenna is there.
> >> I have installed on C610 & C640. Tim
> >>
> > Tim
> > I got the card and am istalling it. Only problem is. There are two
antenna
> > connections on the card one labeled main and the other aux. There are
two
> > antenna leads in the PCI compartment one is long and the other short.
They
> > are not labeled. Connectors are the same and either one could reach
either
> > connector on the card. No info on the intel or Dell site. Do you know if
> > it
> > makes a difference which lead goes to which connector on the card?
> > Thanks
> > Howard
> >>

> I just put wires on without crossing them. There are guides to tuck the
> wires in so they stay in place. It works ok for me. Tim
>
> That's what I'll do.

Howard