Asus DisplayDoctor Problems

Bombastik

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
Hello, first of all, this bit of an ancient history thing, but is something that is bothering me

I've almost never used Asus DisplayDoctor with my Asus V7700 Deluxe because I've never needed to.

Right now I'm having some temperature problems, so I installed the DisplayDoctor that came with my card to check the v7700 temperature.

When DisplayDoctor (any version, even the latest) is active, my SCSI subsystem keeps on reseting!!! All I can hear is my Plextor 40max clacking away each 2 seconds. It must some routine called by the program that causes this in the SCSI card/devices

This is strange because on Win98 this didn't happened (I installed DisplayDoctor just to check the program), but on Win2k is allways happening with any version of DisplayDoctor.

I have an Asus V7700 Deluxe (32Megs) with an Asus A7V133 motherboard with an AMD Thunderbird 1.1Ghz. Right now the TB is at 8.5x146Mhz, but it has the same effect to put it on default (8.5x133Mhz)

Everything is on the latest level (latest bios on A7V133 and V7700, latest drivers for VIA 4in1 and V7700, Win2k SP2 + hotfixes) and my SCSI subsystem is made with a PCI Tekram DC390F (UltraWide), a UltraPlex 40max, a ZIP Internal SCSI and a Yamanha CDRW4260Pro.

Has anyone had a similar problem?
This is really anoying as I can not use DisplayDoctor because of this!

Don't believe blindly in what you hear! - Play safe! Play hard!

GianArenne

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
sounds like a system resource problem close some other apps while display doctor is running and see if it stops, also check for hardware conflicts between your scsi controller and display controller

How did I get here???

Bombastik

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
It could be some system resource (IRQ, an address is unlikely), but I have no conflits appart from the normal IRQ sharing on the PCI slots / AGP slot.

But i'll look at address thing and IRQ thought, but don't count on it because the card resides on PCI slot 3 (1 is the one next to AGP) which doesn't share the same IRQ line as the AGP slot, thus doesn't have the same IRQ.

Actually PCI slot 3 shares the IRQ line with the AMR slot (waste of space), and the AGP with PCI slot 1 (nothing there) and PCI slot 2 (Realtek 8029 NIC) which is in turn shared with the onboard Promise IDE.

Don't believe blindly in what you hear! - Play safe! Play hard!

Probably an obvious question, is Display Doctor compatible with W2K?

I always avoid Asus diagnostic programs (especially PCProbe), they're really buggy and inaccurate.

Sex is great but it's no substitute for the real thing.....