Sign in with
Your question
Closed

VIDEO: Microsoft Employees Dance at Customers

Last response: in News comments
November 18, 2009 12:58:20 PM

This is why I shop online.
November 18, 2009 1:04:08 PM

Good job fighting the "Apple is cooler" image MS.
Related resources
November 18, 2009 1:09:25 PM

That video was about 4 minutes and forty seconds too long.
November 18, 2009 1:18:05 PM

Gosh, everybody in that video is "FAT". Obesity is taking over!
November 18, 2009 1:18:28 PM

I wonder if Microsoft knows about this.. high at work?
November 18, 2009 1:20:04 PM

That was painful. If I was there when they started doing that, I would leave and never go back.
November 18, 2009 1:26:00 PM

Facepalm for sure. I would quit before being forced to dance in a retail store.

so... is this going to air on tv? i hope not.
November 18, 2009 1:30:24 PM

That was the lamest dance I have ever seen.
November 18, 2009 1:40:55 PM

Microsoft, you try too hard. Just write a better windows.
November 18, 2009 1:41:46 PM

If I should do that every day I think I would commit suicide, would die of shame!
November 18, 2009 1:44:22 PM

I think the writer of this article is very jealous.... or woke up with other side of the bed...
I think they did good job
November 18, 2009 1:45:53 PM

where's the vid?
November 18, 2009 1:47:00 PM

i wonder if they got paid for that !!!! lol :) 
Anonymous
November 18, 2009 1:47:56 PM

Whine, bi*ch and moan...
Maybe the reasoning behind this dance thing is to break up their day a little so they're not as on edge from staring at computers the whole day. I've been an IT professional for 16 years and even I know not to take my job to seriously. Computers aren't THAT important! Learn to enjoy life and dance a little, even if you geeks are to socially inept and insecure to dance with that "hottie" you see at the club. LIGHTEN UP!
November 18, 2009 1:49:22 PM

How em-bare-assing. I don't understand why a large successful corporation like MS would stoop to something so stupid. Then there are the employees... MS must have given them a big bonus to make public spectacles of themselves. This proves one thing...many are prostitutes to money and will sacrifice their dignity for an extra buck.

MS should go back to conventional advertising, and abandon this cutesy-artsy-fartsy crap.
Anonymous
November 18, 2009 1:54:10 PM

Not so bad as I expected and quite a few of them really seemed to be having fun. Having said that, it was still embarrassing.
The girl with the green shirt and the big, uh, "apples" is kinda cute though! :p 
November 18, 2009 1:56:27 PM

Considering how hard it is to find a decent job in the Scottsdale area these days, you'd do a lot to keep a job that will probably be ran at a loss if needed...

I still think they should have drug checks all around for this.
November 18, 2009 2:00:24 PM

Yoder54How em-bare-assing. I don't understand why a large successful corporation like MS would stoop to something so stupid. Then there are the employees... MS must have given them a big bonus to make public spectacles of themselves. This proves one thing...many are prostitutes to money and will sacrifice their dignity for an extra buck.MS should go back to conventional advertising, and abandon this cutesy-artsy-fartsy crap.

To quote Men Without Hats "We can dance if we want to". I understand Yoders point but their is a BIG difference between willingly dancing to break up a long day of work because you're given the oppertunity and forcing employees to dance wether they like it or not, and y the way some of the ones on the end looked they were forced.
November 18, 2009 2:04:21 PM

This is proof that Microsoft can't do "cool", they just don't get it.
November 18, 2009 2:17:49 PM

I'd rather shop in a dancing Microsoft store than an emo-clad apple store any day! However I won't... because I don't like overpaying so I buy online
November 18, 2009 2:29:41 PM

akhodjaevI think the writer of this article is very jealous.... or woke up with other side of the bed...I think they did good job

Yeah, because my super interesting job that allows me to work pantless from my couch is a complete nightmare.
November 18, 2009 2:29:58 PM

It doesn't really get any gayer than that.
November 18, 2009 2:34:47 PM

Man I sure hope those employees where well compensated for this.
November 18, 2009 2:41:59 PM

sigh. you people are idiots. if Microsoft is paying their salaries, and they want them to STOP WORKING to dance, then wtf is wrong with that? i'd kill to have my boss say "stop working for a few, and go dance." Dancing pwns.
November 18, 2009 2:47:45 PM

JMcEntegartYeah, because my super interesting job that allows me to work pantless from my couch is a complete nightmare.

Uh, Jane... After 10 years of anonymous readership I registered just to comment on this!
AHEM: Any chance TomsHW will force you too to do a little dance from your "workplace" in such attire? :D  :D  :D 
November 18, 2009 2:50:45 PM

As soon as I started watching this my teeth started to grind. Not because I am almost 40...I just hate line dancing. Who started the concept of line dancing? Aerobics? Who knows? Who cares! All I know is THAT IT MUST STOP!

But now that I think of it...I would really like to see this in the next Mac/PC commercial. PC starting to line dance and then all the other PC's joining in. Just to get the point across that Microsoft really is trying too hard.

And now onto the legal portion of my rant. I wonder if Microsoft has bought the rights of this song in order to play it back and perform to it in public? I am betting they don't. Why? Because they are a large corporation and they can do what they want? You would be correct!
November 18, 2009 2:53:12 PM

I'm surprised none of the dancers had heart attacks. Nearly all of them are clinically obese. The average BMI there is probably about 35. :-S Maybe they put up with the incredibly embarrassing and never ending repetitive dance routines for the health insurance Microsoft provides them. Heart attacks and Type II Diabetes have some expensive medical bills attached to them after all.
November 18, 2009 3:02:45 PM

donaldduckAny chance TomsHW will force you too to do a little dance from your "workplace" in such attire?

You don't understand. We want people to read the site.
November 18, 2009 3:15:03 PM

so horribly wrong.
November 18, 2009 3:27:15 PM

Is it just me or does anyone notice the girl in the green shirt had some decently big hoo hoo's. I think I would have danced just to see those things bounce baby! =P.
November 18, 2009 3:27:25 PM

That made me so uncomfortable to watch!
November 18, 2009 3:37:48 PM

/facepalm

Most of the folks didn't care about looking at the dance they were performing. If I was there, I would put my headphones on and listen to Zelda: Dark World.mp3

Microsoft Employees are all infected with a virus, hence this "virus" is controlling their behavior. This virus is unremovable by Microsoft. Those employees need to be checked and quarantined immediately.
November 18, 2009 3:46:37 PM

Thats even gay for Apple standards!!!
November 18, 2009 3:50:25 PM

JMcEntegartYeah, because my super interesting job that allows me to work pantless from my couch is a complete nightmare.

paaaaaaaaaannnnnntttleeeeeeeesssssss
November 18, 2009 3:56:38 PM

If customers wanted that kind of amusement they would go to a circus.
Please, just take care of the customers and leave this silliness to clowns.
November 18, 2009 3:57:11 PM

seriously? they just did the electric slide to 'I've got a feeling'? I agree... I shop online for a reason
November 18, 2009 4:43:50 PM

cruiseoverideThats even gay for Apple standards!!!

No, not really.
November 18, 2009 4:43:58 PM

the cute large breasted cutie was definitely a plant
November 18, 2009 4:44:44 PM

... it is sad...
November 18, 2009 4:53:51 PM

i can't wait to see the Apple commercial
November 18, 2009 5:40:46 PM

acid in the water?
Anonymous
November 18, 2009 5:42:35 PM

It appears that there's several Microsoft employees watching from the sidelines. you can see a couple when the camera pans around to the people watching. so either it wasn't mandatory and was just for fun or they were corporate plants to make sure no one was dissenting from their pre-approved Microsoft group-think.
Anonymous
November 18, 2009 5:43:56 PM

It appears that there's several Microsoft employees watching from the sidelines. you can see a couple when the camera pans around to the people watching. so either it wasn't mandatory and was just for fun or they were corporate plants to make sure no one was dissenting from their pre-approved Microsoft group-think.
November 18, 2009 6:13:07 PM

This is part of the reason why MS apps cost so much...most of cost for Office and Windows seems to be going to paying the employees to goof off and screw the pooch rather than being efficient and making effective use of their time.

Nothing more painful than watching a bunch of white bread crackers with little rhythm fumbling through, what appears to be, the electric slide. Reminds me of the last wedding I went to...
November 18, 2009 6:17:22 PM

WarsawIs it just me or does anyone notice the girl in the green shirt had some decently big hoo hoo's. I think I would have danced just to see those things bounce baby! =P.

I noticed that too...looked at though she had a nice turd cutter to match those melons!
November 18, 2009 6:24:03 PM

:o ..... whts wrong with dancing... its just expression.. seriously guys... all that matters is attitude :) ...well all u old geezers need a change of pace hahaha :) ...but then hats off to MS :) ...

and article so biased.. boo
November 18, 2009 6:24:21 PM

:o ..... whts wrong with dancing... its just expression.. seriously guys... all that matters is attitude :) ...well all u old geezers need a change of pace hahaha :) ...but then hats off to MS :) ...

November 18, 2009 6:24:34 PM

!