What are the rumors about the next nvidia card???

Hempire

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
What are the rumors about the next nvidia card, and when will it come out. asking cause nvdia stock is droping like a rock, has been for a while. down to uder 25 bucks. will it keep going down? sure but soon as a new card comes out, it should go back up to around 60-70 at the peak of the last few cards.

Never argue with a fool,
a bystander can't tell you apart.
(M. Twain)

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
I think the stock may be down cause the overall market is slumping to the dumps. AMD today just added to the carnage. Well I've seen rumours saying 2 cores at 450MHz each, one normal and one for TT&L; True Time and Lighting. Also possible is 800MHz RAM. 256bit DDR RAM, at least 128MB RAM, 512bit GPU, new aniso supposedly 80% better and NvBlur or something like that which is supposed to be a new version of Glide.

What's the deal with lampshades, I mean it's a lamp, why would you want a shade? :smile:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
hehe, a stock trader. I like that. Here ya go: <A HREF="http://www.vr-zone.com/Home/news139/news139.htm#2259" target="_new">click</A>.

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Do you have that bookmarked man? I've seen you use it multiple times now. Maybe get some more recent rumour of NV30 to bookmark! :wink:

What's the deal with lampshades, I mean it's a lamp, why would you want a shade? :smile:

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The entire market is down since may by 5-25%, depending on what you're looking at. Also, the tech boom is over, so you may not see Nvidia shoot up to almost 3 times it's current price again for a long time.

A new product does not nessessarily save a company, and unfortunately, most stock analysts are not thrilled with performance, only sales and costs. So, unless the new card can be cheep to make and sell for lots in boatloads, it's unlikely to help the stock alot, especialy with ATI, Matrox, and 3DLabs all heading into the market soon, meaning either lower sales or tighter profit margins for Nvidia for a while.

It can be said that smoking is one of the leading cause of statistics.