What is the best pci graphics card available?

zc3

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2002
I'll be building a new system within the next couple of weeks, so this video card will be for my older pc.

The general suggestions I get is either a Geforce2 mx400 or Radeon 7000 V.E. What should I get?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The regular Radeon PCI maybe. Or even something older. Because of the limitted bandwidth of PCI, you won't see any PCI card performing significanlty better than a TNT2.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!
Nice sig, maybe from that n00bs will try a new PSU to sovle a prob...

What's the deal with lampshades, I mean it's a lamp, why would you want a shade? :smile:

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
pic graphic cards really arent any diffrent, bang for your buck agp is cheaper,

-tim

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet get smaller.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, certainly a TNT2 is better than a TNT, which is better than one of those old S3 cards, even when limitted to PCI.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
So are is the pci bus really that restrictive, wot difference does it make in terms of fps if you have an agp or a pci of the same kind?

If all else fails, Go further :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
My Radeon PCI got around 8FPS in a game that my Radeon AGP got around 45FPS in.

huck0331

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
i currently have a intel graphics controller which has terrible graphics. I want to upgrade but the problem is i dont have an agp slot. Will it be worth it to buy a radeon 7000 64mb ddr and run it in my pci slot. i have and intel 633 mhz and i run windows me i have 135mb of physical memory will this card make a big difference in my graphics please write back im in need to find this out thanks

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
I Agree Agp is almost as standard as atx or ps2. If you dont have one you should consider dumpn that cash into some new parts

-Tim

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet get smaller.

TRENDING THREADS