Sign in with
Your question

Games such as SCII and Call of Cuty World at War Crash

Last response: in Windows 7
July 28, 2010 3:00:17 AM

Hello all i just built a new computer and installed windows 7 64 bit for the arrival of SC2 here are the specs
AMD Phenom II X6
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB
MSI 790X-G45 AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
GIGABYTE GV-R485ZL-512H Radeon HD 4850 512MB

i play the games for a few minutes and it makes a sound like a record skipping and then screen goes black and it restarts. does anyone know what is going on here?
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
July 28, 2010 4:03:17 PM

I have the same exact problem.

Intel 6700 Quad Core
Evga 9800 GTX
Windows 7 64 and 32 bit
Evga 780i motherboard
OCZ 8 gigs of ram

It doesn't matter what OS I am running, Windows 7 32bit or 64 bit, I get the same results. The time that the computer screen goes black and reboots varies but usually after 15 minutes.

I've updated all my drivers and even flashed the bios.

The other weird thing is that this computer has dual boot to Windows XP. I have the same driver versions on both 7 and XP. I can play on XP all day long without an issue.

Its not just SCII that crashes. DAO: Origins does the exact same thing when I play on Windows 7.

There has to be something going on with Windows that is causing the computer to crash because its the same hardware and works like a champ on XP.
m
l
a b À AMD
July 30, 2010 5:57:40 AM

This issue used to happen to me on Windows Vista 32 when I first built my machine on any game or hardware intensive app. In my case it was my memory voltage being set to low.

Double check the memory voltage and timings and make sure they are set to their spec. Hopefully thats it.
m
l
!