SP cheater caught!

Hi,

well, it has taken me a full day to rearrange all my ATMA stashes and
mules. Then I reequipped and maximized my 3 main SP chars:

Bobo, ThrowBarb, Level 88, Patriarch
Ouucha, Skellimancer, Level 88, Champion
Ouuchant, Enchantress, Level 69, Champion

After all that work, I decided it was the time to play around with some
of these higher level runewords. My real runes are on a mule, so I know
what I can normally do and what not.

Some of these rune words CRASH on my PC:

CRASH : Bramble, Doom, Beast, HoJ
WORK : CoH, Fury, Famine, Enigma, CtA
Untried: BotD, HotO, Silence, Exile

When I insert the last rune of Bramble (and others), the game hangs and I
can quit with hitting ESC several times (or switch back to desktop).
I tried different resolution settings and windowed mode, but nothing
seems to help..

Funny thing is, that only runewords with Auras crash?

Regards,

Oliver

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> well, it has taken me a full day to rearrange all my ATMA stashes and
> mules. Then I reequipped and maximized my 3 main SP chars:
>
> Bobo, ThrowBarb, Level 88, Patriarch
> Ouucha, Skellimancer, Level 88, Champion
> Ouuchant, Enchantress, Level 69, Champion
>
> After all that work, I decided it was the time to play around with some
> of these higher level runewords. My real runes are on a mule, so I know
> what I can normally do and what not.
>
> Some of these rune words CRASH on my PC:
>
> CRASH : Bramble, Doom, Beast, HoJ
> WORK : CoH, Fury, Famine, Enigma, CtA
> Untried: BotD, HotO, Silence, Exile
>
> [snip]

3 Bers, 2 Jahs, 2 Chams, and a Zod... How on earth do you find these runes?
I've never seen anything higher than a Mal... Are they more abundant in SP?

Oh... I just noticed the title of this thread... ;-)

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> well, it has taken me a full day to rearrange all my ATMA stashes and
> mules. Then I reequipped and maximized my 3 main SP chars:
>
> Bobo, ThrowBarb, Level 88, Patriarch
> Ouucha, Skellimancer, Level 88, Champion
> Ouuchant, Enchantress, Level 69, Champion
>
> After all that work, I decided it was the time to play around with some
> of these higher level runewords. My real runes are on a mule, so I know
> what I can normally do and what not.
>
> Some of these rune words CRASH on my PC:
>
> CRASH : Bramble, Doom, Beast, HoJ
> WORK : CoH, Fury, Famine, Enigma, CtA
> Untried: BotD, HotO, Silence, Exile

Just checked using Hero Editor, and they all worked just fine. Maybe an
ATMA thing?

-gk-

In a parallel universe, Anti-Oliver Wenzel said exactly the opposite of:

> Funny thing is, that only runewords with Auras crash?

Would you happen to play a localized version of Diablo? I read here or in
agd that some localized versions hang the second you mouse over items that
give auras.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

Hi,

"43N79W" <gkammerer@sunflower.com> wrote in news:10q2v02ef5vhhc3
@corp.supernews.com:

> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> Some of these rune words CRASH on my PC:
>>
>> CRASH : Bramble, Doom, Beast, HoJ
>> WORK : CoH, Fury, Famine, Enigma, CtA
>> Untried: BotD, HotO, Silence, Exile
>>

> Just checked using Hero Editor, and they all worked just fine. Maybe an
> ATMA thing?

the runes were cubed in-game with save/restore of chars in ATMA. The
runewords were also done in-game. ATMA was just a storage pool for the
cheated runes.

Regards,

Oliver

Hi,

"Brian Kastel" <bee-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com>
wrote in news:8reod.60594$8G4.4300@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>>
>> Some of these rune words CRASH on my PC:
>>
>> CRASH : Bramble, Doom, Beast, HoJ
>> WORK : CoH, Fury, Famine, Enigma, CtA
>> Untried: BotD, HotO, Silence, Exile
>>
>> [snip]
>
> 3 Bers, 2 Jahs, 2 Chams, and a Zod... How on earth do you find these
> runes? I've never seen anything higher than a Mal... Are they more
> abundant in SP?

I cheated them, but am not going to use the items on normal play, if I
could create them.
The funny thing is, that the Runewords that WORK, also are reachable in
the not-so-far-away future, whereas those that don't work, I have no hope
of even getting one of the runes.

CU,

Oliver

Hi,

"K.os" <K.os023@gmail.com> wrote in

> In a parallel universe, Anti-Oliver Wenzel said exactly the opposite
> of:
>
>> Funny thing is, that only runewords with Auras crash?
>
> Would you happen to play a localized version of Diablo? I read here or
> in agd that some localized versions hang the second you mouse over
> items that give auras.

now, there seems to be a solution.. I'm playing the German version of
Diablo. As the mouse will hover over the runeword item, and as f.e. Bramble
has an aura - HANG!

Now, where do I get that English DLL?

Thanx,

Oliver

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

http://de.geocities.com/gundemascha/agd2faq.html#azurewrath

Oliver Wenzel wrote:

> Now, where do I get that English DLL?

Okaysoft.de sells the English version of D2 + LOD. Might be the easiest
solution.

M.

Hi,

Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in news:30dl3oF2ua5d9U1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>
>> Now, where do I get that English DLL?
>
> Okaysoft.de sells the English version of D2 + LOD. Might be the easiest
> solution.

downloaded the english dll - extracted it and replaced the german dll. Now
all works fine and I got english text - yeah. I always wanted to do that.

So, now has Blizz done anything to allow non-english gamers to use the
runewords?

> Hi,
>
> "43N79W" <gkammerer@sunflower.com> wrote in news:10q2v02ef5vhhc3
> @corp.supernews.com:
>

>> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>>> Some of these rune words CRASH on my PC:
>>>
>>> CRASH : Bramble, Doom, Beast, HoJ
>>> WORK : CoH, Fury, Famine, Enigma, CtA
>>> Untried: BotD, HotO, Silence, Exile
>>>

>> Just checked using Hero Editor, and they all worked just fine. Maybe an
>> ATMA thing?
>
> the runes were cubed in-game with save/restore of chars in ATMA. The
> runewords were also done in-game. ATMA was just a storage pool for the
> cheated runes.

Right, and that's how I did it in HE, and it worked fine, so it wasn't the
game.

-gk-

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:

[snip]
>now, there seems to be a solution.. I'm playing the German version of
>Diablo. As the mouse will hover over the runeword item, and as f.e. Bramble
>has an aura - HANG!

That's the so-called "aura bug" which only occurs in the GER loc'ed
version. :-(

>Now, where do I get that English DLL?

You can keep your DLLs using the fixed patch_d2.mpq.

Have a look at this one:

<http://www.ingame.de/filebase/index.php?action=file&cid=325&fid=1467>

J:
NP: -
--
http://here.is/ripley/ *4therecords.HCEurope

Hi,

Joerg Frey <zyn@gmx.net> wrote in

> Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:

>>Now, where do I get that English DLL?
>
> You can keep your DLLs using the fixed patch_d2.mpq.
>
> Have a look at this one:
>
> <http://www.ingame.de/filebase/index.php?action=file&cid=325&fid=1467>

thanx for the link. For the moment, I'll stay english - always wanted to
have the original language.
But good to know that there's a fix for the german version, too.

Regards,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> downloaded the english dll - extracted it and replaced the german
> dll. Now all works fine and I got english text - yeah. I always
> wanted to do that.
>
> So, now has Blizz done anything to allow non-english gamers to use
> the runewords?

They are aware of the problem, they haven't officially authorized the
patch you downloaded, but apparently they tolerate it. So my guess
is - they won't do anything about it before 1.11 at least.

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>> downloaded the english dll - extracted it and replaced the german
>> dll. Now all works fine and I got english text - yeah. I always
>> wanted to do that.
>>
>> So, now has Blizz done anything to allow non-english gamers to use
>> the runewords?
>
> They are aware of the problem, they haven't officially authorized the
> patch you downloaded, but apparently they tolerate it. So my guess
> is - they won't do anything about it before 1.11 at least.

1.11? HA! Surely you jest! LOL

well maybe by the year 2010

http://d2network.gamigo.de/downloads/D2Lang.dll

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message news:<cns8ck$7el$01$2@news.t-online.com>...
> Hi,
>
> Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in news:30dl3oF2ua5d9U1@uni-
> berlin.de:
>
> > Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> >
> >> Now, where do I get that English DLL?
> >
> > Okaysoft.de sells the English version of D2 + LOD. Might be the easiest
> > solution.
>
> downloaded the english dll - extracted it and replaced the german dll. Now
> all works fine and I got english text - yeah. I always wanted to do that.

It's a pain in French version when you meet a champion with 2
immunities and 3 other skills, it takes the whole screen with those
long words almost impossible to catch quickly (yes I'm getting older).
I can only imagine that in German it might be even worse. How is
"physical immune"? In French it becomes "insensible aux blessures"
almost 50% more letters!
And I'm not mentionning a few translation glitches.

YucaF

Hi,

yucaf@hotmail.com (Yuca Frita) wrote in

> Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>>
>> downloaded the english dll - extracted it and replaced the german
>> dll. Now all works fine and I got english text - yeah. I always
>> wanted to do that.
>
> It's a pain in French version when you meet a champion with 2
> immunities and 3 other skills, it takes the whole screen with those
> long words almost impossible to catch quickly (yes I'm getting older).
> I can only imagine that in German it might be even worse. How is
> "physical immune"? In French it becomes "insensible aux blessures"
> almost 50% more letters!
> And I'm not mentionning a few translation glitches.

yeah, the translations are fun. As I just switched to english, I now have
to memorize the english names of stuff I'm looking for :( No real
problem, just need getting used too.

German for physical immune is "Immun gegen Körperschaden" or somesuch.

Regards,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message news:<cnusar$rev$02$1@news.t-online.com>...
> Hi,
>
> yucaf@hotmail.com (Yuca Frita) wrote in
>
> > Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> >>
> >> downloaded the english dll - extracted it and replaced the german
> >> dll. Now all works fine and I got english text - yeah. I always
> >> wanted to do that.
> >
> > It's a pain in French version when you meet a champion with 2
> > immunities and 3 other skills, it takes the whole screen with those
> > long words almost impossible to catch quickly (yes I'm getting older).
> > I can only imagine that in German it might be even worse. How is
> > "physical immune"? In French it becomes "insensible aux blessures"
> > almost 50% more letters!
> > And I'm not mentionning a few translation glitches.
>
> yeah, the translations are fun. As I just switched to english, I now have
> to memorize the english names of stuff I'm looking for :( No real
> problem, just need getting used too.
>
> German for physical immune is "Immun gegen Körperschaden" or somesuch.

LOL!!!! You got the prize!

I think only in Thai we can beat that one. And even then, I am not sure.

YucaF

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> well, it has taken me a full day to rearrange all my ATMA stashes and
> mules. Then I reequipped and maximized my 3 main SP chars:
>
> Bobo, ThrowBarb, Level 88, Patriarch
> Ouucha, Skellimancer, Level 88, Champion
> Ouuchant, Enchantress, Level 69, Champion
>
> After all that work, I decided it was the time to play around with some
> of these higher level runewords. My real runes are on a mule, so I know
> what I can normally do and what not.
>
> Some of these rune words CRASH on my PC:
>
> CRASH : Bramble, Doom, Beast, HoJ
> WORK : CoH, Fury, Famine, Enigma, CtA
> Untried: BotD, HotO, Silence, Exile
>
> When I insert the last rune of Bramble (and others), the game hangs and I
> can quit with hitting ESC several times (or switch back to desktop).
> I tried different resolution settings and windowed mode, but nothing
> seems to help..
>
> Funny thing is, that only runewords with Auras crash?

You are playing with the German version of D2x? I seem to recall something
about that version and auras not being compatible.

The fix would be to import a US version and see if you play with that one.

yucaf@hotmail.com (Yuca Frita) wrote:
>Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:

[snip]
>> yeah, the translations are fun. As I just switched to english, I now have
>> to memorize the english names of stuff I'm looking for :( No real
>> problem, just need getting used too.
>>
>> German for physical immune is "Immun gegen Körperschaden" or somesuch.
>
>LOL!!!! You got the prize!
>
>I think only in Thai we can beat that one. And even then, I am not sure.

Concerning the GER version the number of strings is ok, as the line
break for multiple immunes and enchanted monsters is ok, means that
it's readable without getting confused. Last but not least you get
the colouring, e.g. fire immune in red.

The things I always get scratches on the eyes are the bad translations
themselves, e.g. "resistant" is not translated at all (it's
"resistent" in German).

Stuff like this (bad translations) often results in bugs in the loc'ed
product, esp. here with the aura bug: during the translation process
code and text descriptions of aura granting items have been switched
instead of simply translating the text part of it. So onmouseover the
game tries to display the code instead of the description.

Ok, I'm a bit picky on this 'cause localizing software is part of my
job, but sometimes I really cannot believe what I get to read in the
game (code strings, placeholders and broken umlauts in the chat area,
missing spaces here, double spaces there, over and over again, ugly
jewels, "Bartuc's cut throat", to name but a few)... :D

J:
NP: -
--

"john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in

> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>> Funny thing is, that only runewords with Auras crash?
>
> You are playing with the German version of D2x? I seem to recall
> something about that version and auras not being compatible.
>
> The fix would be to import a US version and see if you play with that
> one.

the issue has been resolved. It's a bug in the german version of the d2 dll
file. I switched to the english file and it works now. There's also a patch
available (inofficial) for the german dll.

Thanx,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in
>

> > "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> > > Funny thing is, that only runewords with Auras crash?
> >
> > You are playing with the German version of D2x? I seem to recall
> > something about that version and auras not being compatible.
> >
> > The fix would be to import a US version and see if you play with
> > that one.
>
> the issue has been resolved. It's a bug in the german version of
> the d2 dll file. I switched to the english file and it works now.

Actually iirc this is not the "normal" English DLL, but a modified
one.

Joerg Frey wrote:
> Concerning the GER version the number of strings is ok, as the line
> break for multiple immunes and enchanted monsters is ok, means that
> it's readable without getting confused. Last but not least you get
> the colouring, e.g. fire immune in red.
[...]
> Ok, I'm a bit picky on this 'cause localizing software is part of my
> job, but sometimes I really cannot believe what I get to read in the
> game (code strings, placeholders and broken umlauts in the chat
> area, missing spaces here, double spaces there, over and over
> again, ugly jewels, "Bartuc's cut throat", to name but a few)... :D

You mean things like (translated back to English more or less):
- Signon's complete steel containing Sigon's parts (note the N)
- Manald healingl
- ]chilling amulet

I can't remember anything with missing spaces though...

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote:
>Joerg Frey wrote:

[snip]
>> but sometimes I really cannot believe what I get to read in the
>> game (code strings, placeholders and broken umlauts in the chat
>> area, missing spaces here, double spaces there, over and over
>> again, ugly jewels, "Bartuc's cut throat", to name but a few)... :D
>
>You mean things like (translated back to English more or less):
>- Signon's complete steel containing Sigon's parts (note the N)

Or "Lycander's Aim", while the potion trader in Act2 is called
"Lysander" (one of these ugly inconsistences).

>- Manald healingl
>- ]chilling amulet

Yes. The garbage char "]" appears also on identified items with a
"frozen" prefix AFAIR.

>I can't remember anything with missing spaces though...

Have a look at the displayed text when you talk to an NPC, missing
spaces all over there.
Translations are usually done sentence by sentence, and sometimes the
kept the space after full stops but most of the time they did not.

In opposite of that, when you push the ALT key and watch stuff on the
floor, you read s.th. like " Ring", " Großer Zauber" and so on (the
so-called leading spaces).

J:
NP: -
--