yes this was posted in the other agd ng, but has anyone....?

Has anyone thought about making an HC char, not using ANY skill or <is it
attribute?> points, just to see how far they can go?

sidekick wrote:
> Has anyone thought about making an HC char, not using ANY skill or
> <is it attribute?> points, just to see how far they can go?

That's been tried a few times. Somebody tried that with a sorc, I think it
was, and wrote a report about it on d2net a while back. As I recall, they
didn't quite make it to Andariel.

You could probably play a barb through most of the first two acts without
using any skill points, but you won't make it far without pumping that
vitality and strength a bit.

At any rate, some people might find a bit of fun in such exercises, but to
me they're simply exercises in frustration, sort of like low-level dueling.
:)
--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

Ack, I was thinking about the "naked" experiment.

If twinking is allowed, you might very well be able to take just about any
character at least all the way through normal without spending a point in
anything at all--but it wouldn't be easy.

--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

> Ack, I was thinking about the "naked" experiment.
>
> If twinking is allowed, you might very well be able to take just about any
> character at least all the way through normal without spending a point in
> anything at all--but it wouldn't be easy.

Ah, good to see Saber is still hosting my Nekkidism guide...
http://diablo.saber-online.com/guides/Nekkid.html
It's a little out of date, since it was originally created before LoD, and I
never finished updating it. For example, the advice on the Sorceress
doesn't take synergy into account, and thus ignores the fact that the Sorc
is now by far the most viable of all the Nekkid builds. (Due to
Enchant+Warmth.) A Nekkid Sorc could (relatively) easily make it past
Normal, and even most of the way through NM. I should also stress the
importance of Leap for the Nekkid Barbarian. Maybe I'll rewrite the guide
some day as if anybody cares...

Darrel Hoffman - Lvl 27+2 Game Guru
(Nekkidism for all.)

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> Ack, I was thinking about the "naked" experiment.
>
> If twinking is allowed, you might very well be able to take just about any
> character at least all the way through normal without spending a point in
> anything at all--but it wouldn't be easy.
>
> --
> chainbreaker
>
> If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
> net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

I meant no twinking at all....use only what that char can find. I may try
a sorc......after the Thanksgiving holiday of course! LOL

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<cntfcj01m3k@news2.newsguy.com>...
> sidekick wrote:
> > Has anyone thought about making an HC char, not using ANY skill or
> > <is it attribute?> points, just to see how far they can go?
>

> That's been tried a few times. Somebody tried that with a sorc, I think it
> was, and wrote a report about it on d2net a while back. As I recall, they
> didn't quite make it to Andariel.

Irene the Infirm, a naked punching hardcore sorceress who soloed all
quests in Act 1.

http://diabloii.net/columnists/a-irene1.shtml

"sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:<ddKdnS6wYqPWIj_cRVn-sw@adelphia.com>...
> "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Ack, I was thinking about the "naked" experiment.
> >
> > If twinking is allowed, you might very well be able to take just about any
> > character at least all the way through normal without spending a point in
> > anything at all--but it wouldn't be easy.
> >
> > --
> > chainbreaker
> >
> > If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
> > net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.
> >
> I meant no twinking at all....use only what that char can find. I may try
> a sorc......after the Thanksgiving holiday of course! LOL

Without putting anypoint anywhere, tweaking becomes quite difficult I
would guess as minimum requirements would anyway limit what you can
use (strength and dexterity)... Only very low level stuff which
doesn't quite qualifies for 'tweaking'.

YucaF

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:41:07 -0500, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>sidekick wrote:
>> Has anyone thought about making an HC char, not using ANY skill or
>> <is it attribute?> points, just to see how far they can go?
>

>That's been tried a few times. Somebody tried that with a sorc, I think it
>was, and wrote a report about it on d2net a while back. As I recall, they
>didn't quite make it to Andariel.
>
>You could probably play a barb through most of the first two acts without
>using any skill points, but you won't make it far without pumping that
>vitality and strength a bit.

I tried a bare-knuckle barbarian once, SC - skills, but naked and no
weapons. I was still making progress when I gave up, somewhere in
late act 1. Boy, did it get wearing after a while.

Cheers - Ian

chainbreaker wrote:

> Ack, I was thinking about the "naked" experiment.

The experiment you're referring to is "Irene the Infirm", one of
MongoJerry's single player tales.

He took a naked, no skill, no stats hardcore sorceress past normal
andariel and into Act2, and stopped there because it was becoming too
tedious as the rogue mercenary was also naked.

Saber

u guys still use my site? woooooooow....
maybe i should work on it then... hum... i had a few plans for it, ill see
if i can find them.

--
Saber
"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
> > Ack, I was thinking about the "naked" experiment.
> >
> > If twinking is allowed, you might very well be able to take just about
any
> > character at least all the way through normal without spending a point
in
> > anything at all--but it wouldn't be easy.
>
> Ah, good to see Saber is still hosting my Nekkidism guide...
> http://diablo.saber-online.com/guides/Nekkid.html
> It's a little out of date, since it was originally created before LoD, and
> never finished updating it. For example, the advice on the Sorceress
> doesn't take synergy into account, and thus ignores the fact that the Sorc
> is now by far the most viable of all the Nekkid builds. (Due to
> Enchant+Warmth.) A Nekkid Sorc could (relatively) easily make it past
> Normal, and even most of the way through NM. I should also stress the
> importance of Leap for the Nekkid Barbarian. Maybe I'll rewrite the guide
> some day as if anybody cares...
>
> Darrel Hoffman - Lvl 27+2 Game Guru
> (Nekkidism for all.)

Saber

i believe mickey from agd did that with a barb and got into nightmare. not
positive though.
a pally could do it for a while too, or at least pre-1.10 pallies ( i never
played 1.10 really...)

--
Saber
> Has anyone thought about making an HC char, not using ANY skill or <is it
> attribute?> points, just to see how far they can go?

> u guys still use my site? woooooooow....
> maybe i should work on it then... hum... i had a few plans for it, ill see
> if i can find them.

Well, I just used yours because that's the only place that is currently
hosting my Nekkidism guide, even if it is out of date. There was a thread
elsewhere about some major D2 site that's gone down recently, and they
needed new hosting for some D2 calculators, if you're interested. Talk to
Gundemarie, I think she downloaded them before the site went down.

Darrel Hoffman - Lvl 27+2 Game Guru
(And we'll talk later about re-vamping my site that you're hosting...)

Saber

just tell me what you want done. i have one computer up and running...
sorta. all i need is notepad though to make a site so im good. just tell
me what you want done and ill do it (or try to... ive been outta web design
for a little bit now, but i can get back into it quick enough)