Anyone Deserting Diablo For WOW?

WOW goes on sale tomorrow. I know WOW isn't exactly Diablo III, but
after playing Diablo for what seems like 20 years, I am getting the
itch to try something different. So, is anyone considering deserting
Diablo for WOW?

Jeff
30 answers Last reply
More about anyone deserting diablo

    Am I correct in thinking that you will have to pay a monthly fee to play
    online with WOW?

    "sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >Am I correct in thinking that you will have to pay a monthly fee to play
    >online with WOW?

    Yup, I think so. I'm not too keen on that. Who would be? (-8

    "El Castor" <justuschickens@not-here.com> skrev i melding
    > WOW goes on sale tomorrow. I know WOW isn't exactly Diablo III, but
    > after playing Diablo for what seems like 20 years, I am getting the
    > itch to try something different. So, is anyone considering deserting
    > Diablo for WOW?

    I'm thinking about it, as my D2-time have been reduced lately. It's just not
    tempting anymore, but the game gave me 4 good years :-)
    And I'm really hyped on WoW right now, and am waiting eagerly for the Open
    Beta now in December. The fee won't be such a huge issue, it's 12.99 ? for 1
    month and 10.99 ? for 3 months. I have wasted far more money on stupider
    things. At least it secures a nice player support, and hopefully the worst
    kiddies are kept away by the fee.
    I mean, who wouldn't love WoW, just watch the Gnome dance :-D

    Agin

    "Aginrikr" <aginrikr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2PAod.18217$Km6.219487@news4.e.nsc.no>...
    > "El Castor" <justuschickens@not-here.com> skrev i melding
    > > WOW goes on sale tomorrow. I know WOW isn't exactly Diablo III, but
    > > after playing Diablo for what seems like 20 years, I am getting the
    > > itch to try something different. So, is anyone considering deserting
    > > Diablo for WOW?
    > >

    > I'm thinking about it, as my D2-time have been reduced lately. It's just not
    > tempting anymore, but the game gave me 4 good years :-)
    > And I'm really hyped on WoW right now, and am waiting eagerly for the Open
    > Beta now in December. The fee won't be such a huge issue, it's 12.99 ? for 1
    > month and 10.99 ? for 3 months. I have wasted far more money on stupider
    > things. At least it secures a nice player support, and hopefully the worst
    > kiddies are kept away by the fee.
    > I mean, who wouldn't love WoW, just watch the Gnome dance :-D
    >
    > Agin

    Where did you get your info because not only is the Beta over with
    but the game hits the stores in November not December in fact it
    might be out today.

    > The fee won't be such a huge issue, it's 12.99 ? for 1 month and 10.99 ?
    > for 3 months.

    That should be: 12.99 euro for 1 month, 11.99 for 3 months and 10.99 for six
    months. And when you buy the game, you get the first month free.

    Agin

    (where's the edit button when you need one...)

    >> The fee won't be such a huge issue, it's 12.99 ? for 1 month and 10.99 ?
    >> for 3 months.
    >
    > That should be: 12.99 euro for 1 month, 11.99 for 3 months and 10.99 for
    > six months. And when you buy the game, you get the first month free.
    >
    > Agin
    >
    > (where's the edit button when you need one...)

    I don't know about the prices, but it seems to me that it does not make good
    business sense to offer more time for less money. Why would anyone pay
    12.99 for only one month when they good save 2.00 and get 6 months. Even if
    you decide you don't want to play online after the first month, you have
    still saved the 2.00.

    El Castor wrote:
    > WOW goes on sale tomorrow. I know WOW isn't exactly Diablo III, but
    > after playing Diablo for what seems like 20 years, I am getting the
    > itch to try something different. So, is anyone considering deserting
    > Diablo for WOW?
    >
    > Jeff

    No--despite my fondness for D2, I've not been the least bit tempted by WoW.

    But I've pretty much already deserted D2 for EQ2, although how long that
    will last remains to be seen.

    --
    chainbreaker

    If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
    net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

    I'm doing the WoW thing. Can't wait to start. It won't supplant D2 as my
    favorite game and won't take time away from this group, but just like C&C,
    it will be a welcome respite from a game long since at the end of it's life
    cycle.

    Anex....Explodeazon, I just hope it doesn't disappoint me.

    "Keith" <keith@kconnell.freeserve.co.uk> skrev i en meddelelse
    > "Aginrikr" <aginrikr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "El Castor" <justuschickens@not-here.com> skrev i melding
    >> > WOW goes on sale tomorrow. I know WOW isn't exactly Diablo III, but
    >> > after playing Diablo for what seems like 20 years, I am getting the
    >> > itch to try something different. So, is anyone considering deserting
    >> > Diablo for WOW?
    >> >

    >> I'm thinking about it, as my D2-time have been reduced lately. It's just
    >> not
    >> tempting anymore, but the game gave me 4 good years :-)
    >> And I'm really hyped on WoW right now, and am waiting eagerly for the
    >> Open
    >> Beta now in December. The fee won't be such a huge issue, it's 12.99 ?
    >> for 1
    >> month and 10.99 ? for 3 months. I have wasted far more money on stupider
    >> things. At least it secures a nice player support, and hopefully the
    >> worst
    >> kiddies are kept away by the fee.
    >> I mean, who wouldn't love WoW, just watch the Gnome dance :-D
    >>
    >> Agin
    >
    > Where did you get your info because not only is the Beta over with
    > but the game hits the stores in November not December in fact it
    > might be out today.

    I think he means in Europe ;o)

    On 23 Nov 2004 04:22:53 -0800, keith@kconnell.freeserve.co.uk (Keith)
    wrote:

    >"Aginrikr" <aginrikr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2PAod.18217$Km6.219487@news4.e.nsc.no>...
    >> "El Castor" <justuschickens@not-here.com> skrev i melding
    >> > WOW goes on sale tomorrow. I know WOW isn't exactly Diablo III, but
    >> > after playing Diablo for what seems like 20 years, I am getting the
    >> > itch to try something different. So, is anyone considering deserting
    >> > Diablo for WOW?
    >> >

    >> I'm thinking about it, as my D2-time have been reduced lately. It's just not
    >> tempting anymore, but the game gave me 4 good years :-)
    >> And I'm really hyped on WoW right now, and am waiting eagerly for the Open
    >> Beta now in December. The fee won't be such a huge issue, it's 12.99 ? for 1
    >> month and 10.99 ? for 3 months. I have wasted far more money on stupider
    >> things. At least it secures a nice player support, and hopefully the worst
    >> kiddies are kept away by the fee.
    >> I mean, who wouldn't love WoW, just watch the Gnome dance :-D
    >>
    >> Agin
    >
    >Where did you get your info because not only is the Beta over with
    >but the game hits the stores in November not December in fact it
    >might be out today.

    Well, the game comes out in the US here soon, but not in europe. Here
    they are just about (?) to launch the final beta test, and the game
    dosn't come out before jan-feb 2005...
    Strange buisness decision..?

    --
    Regards
    Simon Nejmann

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:30:32 -0500, "sidekick"
    <sidekick39@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >"Aginrikr" <aginrikr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> The fee won't be such a huge issue, it's 12.99 ? for 1 month and 10.99 ?
    >>> for 3 months.
    >>
    >> That should be: 12.99 euro for 1 month, 11.99 for 3 months and 10.99 for
    >> six months. And when you buy the game, you get the first month free.
    >>
    >> Agin
    >>
    >> (where's the edit button when you need one...)
    >>
    >I don't know about the prices, but it seems to me that it does not make good
    >business sense to offer more time for less money. Why would anyone pay
    >12.99 for only one month when they good save 2.00 and get 6 months. Even if
    >you decide you don't want to play online after the first month, you have
    >still saved the 2.00.

    And of course Agnirikr means six months for 10.99 € _per_month_.

    If you agree to tie yourself to the game for longer periods, you get
    off with a lower monthly payment (or perhaps, you just have to pay
    65.94 € every six months, instead of paying 12.99 € every month). It
    is common practice for this type of games to offer long term rebates
    (or what you can call them) like this.

    --
    Regards
    Simon Nejmann

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:36:55 +0100, "Aginrikr" <aginrikr@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >> The fee won't be such a huge issue, it's 12.99 ? for 1 month and 10.99 ?
    >> for 3 months.
    >
    >That should be: 12.99 euro for 1 month, 11.99 for 3 months and 10.99 for six
    >months. And when you buy the game, you get the first month free.

    So 6 months costs you less than 1? Sounds like a bargain. (Or
    not... "First prize, a week in Hull. Second prize, TWO weeks in
    Hull!")

    OK - I admit it. I'm too lazy to look up what the above actually
    means.

    Cheers - Ian

    "El Castor" <justuschickens@not-here.com> wrote in message
    > WOW goes on sale tomorrow. I know WOW isn't exactly Diablo III, but
    > after playing Diablo for what seems like 20 years, I am getting the
    > itch to try something different. So, is anyone considering deserting
    > Diablo for WOW?
    >
    > Jeff

    I think most have already deserted, and are just biding their time (or gone
    to something else)
    I remember when I went to a trade channel, and there were about 7 full
    rooms. Nowadays theres 1.

    I guess like EQ, diablo2 is suffering from age. Not sure that the ladder was
    such a great idea in hindsight either.

    "Simon Nejmann" <snejmann@worldonline.REMOVETHIS.dk> wrote in message
    > On 23 Nov 2004 04:22:53 -0800, keith@kconnell.freeserve.co.uk (Keith)
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"Aginrikr" <aginrikr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> "El Castor" <justuschickens@not-here.com> skrev i melding
    >>> >

    >>> I'm thinking about it, as my D2-time have been reduced lately. It's just
    >>> not
    >>> tempting anymore, but the game gave me 4 good years :-)
    >>> And I'm really hyped on WoW right now, and am waiting eagerly for the
    >>> Open
    >>> Beta now in December. The fee won't be such a huge issue, it's 12.99 ?
    >>> for 1
    >>> month and 10.99 ? for 3 months. I have wasted far more money on stupider
    >>> things. At least it secures a nice player support, and hopefully the
    >>> worst
    >>> kiddies are kept away by the fee.
    >>> I mean, who wouldn't love WoW, just watch the Gnome dance :-D
    >>>
    >>> Agin
    >>
    >>Where did you get your info because not only is the Beta over with
    >>but the game hits the stores in November not December in fact it
    >>might be out today.
    >
    > Well, the game comes out in the US here soon, but not in europe. Here
    > they are just about (?) to launch the final beta test, and the game
    > dosn't come out before jan-feb 2005...
    > Strange buisness decision..?

    yet the game comes out in Australia same time as the US.
    wierd.

    chainbreaker wrote:

    > El Castor wrote:
    >> WOW goes on sale tomorrow. I know WOW isn't exactly Diablo III, but
    >> after playing Diablo for what seems like 20 years, I am getting the
    >> itch to try something different. So, is anyone considering deserting
    >> Diablo for WOW?
    >>
    >> Jeff

    > No--despite my fondness for D2, I've not been the least bit tempted by WoW.

    > But I've pretty much already deserted D2 for EQ2, although how long that
    > will last remains to be seen.

    Same here.

    my previous MMORPG test lasted about 40 minutes. Lineage 2 beta test.

    The fact is, I hate MMORPGs, so I logically hate WoW as well. I hate the
    "click a monster and wait" routine.

    I more or less deserted Diablo2 for HL2 at the moment. One great piece of
    game. It will hopefully last for about another couple of weeks - I can't
    wait to see the full-version of the Source SDK :P

    Babe Bridou wrote:
    > Same here.
    >
    > my previous MMORPG test lasted about 40 minutes. Lineage 2 beta test.
    >
    > The fact is, I hate MMORPGs, so I logically hate WoW as well. I hate
    > the "click a monster and wait" routine.
    >
    > I more or less deserted Diablo2 for HL2 at the moment. One great
    > piece of game. It will hopefully last for about another couple of
    > weeks - I can't wait to see the full-version of the Source SDK :P

    I simply can't get used to the "instanced grouping" something like EQ2
    forces you to do.

    What I mean is, much of the combat in the game forces you to group. But at
    the same time, much of the game requires different quest types for different
    character classes. So, if you find a decent group to do combat with, you're
    going to be bored out of your gourd while they/you wait for each other to do
    the all the class-specific stuff you need to do.

    Alternatively, you can get in a group where almost everybody is the same
    class doing the same stuff, but then you have scheduling problems.

    And so much of the game requires extended amounts of free time--nothing at
    all like D2 where you maybe have a half-hour or so and can have fun finding
    a friend to knock off a mf run or two. From my experience there's not much
    point in even starting an EQ2 session unless you have at least an hour,
    preferably more.

    Considering the type of gameplay that's required, I'm beginning to
    understand why so many of EQ's players seem to be as anally retentive as
    they are.

    Still, I suppose I'll at least play out the month--might even experience an
    epiphany. :-)

    And FPSs--ugh. Even if it's something of HL2's apparent quality.

    My last best hope for a new computer game to occupy my time stands to be the
    remade Pirates!

    If that turns out to be more hype than substance, then probably the most fun
    I'm going to get from my computer for a while is using it to order books
    from Amazon.com.

    --
    chainbreaker

    If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
    net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

    Same here, now playing HL2. Excellent!

    The next I should buy will be S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

    If there was to be a Diablo III I would also buy it. But it's impossible
    before 2006.

    chainbreaker wrote:

    > Babe Bridou wrote:
    >> Same here.
    >>
    >> my previous MMORPG test lasted about 40 minutes. Lineage 2 beta test.
    >>
    >> The fact is, I hate MMORPGs, so I logically hate WoW as well. I hate
    >> the "click a monster and wait" routine.
    >>
    >> I more or less deserted Diablo2 for HL2 at the moment. One great
    >> piece of game. It will hopefully last for about another couple of
    >> weeks - I can't wait to see the full-version of the Source SDK :P

    > I simply can't get used to the "instanced grouping" something like EQ2
    > forces you to do.

    <snip>

    So, basically you mean this is bad because you can't get the "all for one
    and one for all" spirit in a party in a MMORPG?

    I would agree - it's a theoretical agreement, because I've never been able
    to get through the first ten levels in any MMORPG.

    For what I've seen, played or experience, there's no involvement in those
    games. Whatever the outcome, whoever your friends are, all the players are
    equally on their own, and that puts the accent on some kind of egoism.

    I think a game such as Everquest, Guild Wars or WoW should focus on
    inequalities between players and characters. There should be heroes, there
    should be followers, there should be knights, lords, legends and lowly
    scums. Characters made to shape the world, and characters designed to
    assists the shapers...

    If any of you ever played the Pen & Paper RPG Ars Magica, each player
    would get to create a Mage (most powerful and important char), a Companion
    (some kind of secondary character) and up to ten Followers (each being
    assigned to serve other players in the Alliance).

    That would be the way to go, for partying to be interesting in a
    persistent MMORPG in my humble opinion. Characters that would be created
    with "serving character xyz" as a purpose. It would also be an excellent
    way to introduce newbies into the game.

    > And FPSs--ugh. Even if it's something of HL2's apparent quality.

    Shhheeesh, even if it was a top-down perspective, third-person, fixed
    camera (read: "just like in Diablo2"), it would still be the game of the
    year.

    > My last best hope for a new computer game to occupy my time stands to be the
    > remade Pirates!

    Did you try Dungeon Master : Conflux II ? :)

    Babe Bridou wrote:
    > chainbreaker wrote:
    >
    >> Babe Bridou wrote:
    >>> Same here.
    >>>
    >>> my previous MMORPG test lasted about 40 minutes. Lineage 2 beta
    >>> test. The fact is, I hate MMORPGs, so I logically hate WoW as well. I
    >>> hate
    >>> the "click a monster and wait" routine.
    >>>
    >>> I more or less deserted Diablo2 for HL2 at the moment. One great
    >>> piece of game. It will hopefully last for about another couple of
    >>> weeks - I can't wait to see the full-version of the Source SDK :P
    >
    >> I simply can't get used to the "instanced grouping" something like
    >> EQ2 forces you to do.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > So, basically you mean this is bad because you can't get the "all for
    > one and one for all" spirit in a party in a MMORPG?

    Partly--that's not to say it *can't* be done, because obviously plenty of
    people do it. It's just that I have a hard time getting enthused about
    grouping with a half dozen people for 5 minutes just to smack a whatzit.
    And I have an equally hard time putting aside enough time on a regular basis
    to make finding a meaningful group worthwhile. I realize that games provide
    such as guilds, etc. to help the process along, but if I don't "know" the
    people I'm playing with the experience doesn't mean much.

    Something like D2 though--I've played with plenty of people on a regular
    basis, but often not more than 15-30 minutes at a time. You can't do that
    in a MMORPG.

    > I would agree - it's a theoretical agreement, because I've never been
    > able to get through the first ten levels in any MMORPG.
    >
    > For what I've seen, played or experience, there's no involvement in
    > those games. Whatever the outcome, whoever your friends are, all the
    > players are equally on their own, and that puts the accent on some
    > kind of egoism.
    > I think a game such as Everquest, Guild Wars or WoW should focus on
    > inequalities between players and characters. There should be heroes,
    > there should be followers, there should be knights, lords, legends
    > and lowly scums. Characters made to shape the world, and characters
    > designed to assists the shapers...

    Only problem is, everybody wants to be a shaper. The Star Wars game tried
    to do something along the lines of what you say, I think, but when everybody
    found out they couldn't be a Jedi they threatened to take their monthly fee
    and go home. So then they let just about anybody who wanted to be a Jedi
    (which was probably 90% of the player base) and ended up with a game that's
    basically a steaming pile, from what I hear.

    > If any of you ever played the Pen & Paper RPG Ars Magica, each player
    > would get to create a Mage (most powerful and important char), a
    > Companion (some kind of secondary character) and up to ten Followers
    > (each being assigned to serve other players in the Alliance).
    >
    > That would be the way to go, for partying to be interesting in a
    > persistent MMORPG in my humble opinion. Characters that would be
    > created with "serving character xyz" as a purpose. It would also be
    > an excellent way to introduce newbies into the game.

    Sounds like a pyramid scheme. :-)

    >> And FPSs--ugh. Even if it's something of HL2's apparent quality.
    >
    > Shhheeesh, even if it was a top-down perspective, third-person, fixed
    > camera (read: "just like in Diablo2"), it would still be the game of
    > the year.

    Just not my cup--for several reasons.

    >> My last best hope for a new computer game to occupy my time stands
    >> to be the remade Pirates!
    >
    > Did you try Dungeon Master : Conflux II ? :)

    Never heard of it--what is it?

    --
    chainbreaker

    If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
    net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

    >>Where did you get your info because not only is the Beta over with
    >>but the game hits the stores in November not December in fact it
    >>might be out today.
    >
    > Well, the game comes out in the US here soon, but not in europe. Here
    > they are just about (?) to launch the final beta test, and the game
    > dosn't come out before jan-feb 2005...
    > Strange buisness decision..?

    I got my info here: http://en.wow-europe.com/
    And about the fee thing, I did mean monthly fee, my bad.
    Think first, then write, think first, then write..

    Agin

    Let's see, give up a game I like, agree to spend $50 on a new one, then
    agree to pay even more just to play it, even though it is from the same
    company that can't control it's own closed realms from hackers/dupers. why
    would I bother? I never liked warcraft anyway. No, I won't waste my money. I
    like the hell out of Diablo 2 LoD, but the company and their practices have
    left a bad taste in my mouth, especially with repetitive lies and total
    inability to govern their own product.
    "El Castor" <justuschickens@not-here.com> wrote in message
    > WOW goes on sale tomorrow. I know WOW isn't exactly Diablo III, but
    > after playing Diablo for what seems like 20 years, I am getting the
    > itch to try something different. So, is anyone considering deserting
    > Diablo for WOW?
    >
    > Jeff

    Group,

    RANT WARNING!

    I'm not abandoning DII - it's free after all, and doesn't take up much
    disk space. I play Everquest and still play DII and Starcraft - good
    games are always enjoyable, even though the jerk factor in DII can be
    quite high :).

    I was going to try the free World Of Warcraft Beta download, but it's
    NOT free! You had to ioin this IGN download site, which to me is
    worthless, for $20 for 3 months to be able to download WOW. They call
    this a nominal fee, but it's 2 months of EQ, which is only $10/month.
    I play and enjoy EQ, and Sony has vastly improved the graphics and
    content of the game - even for those who did not buy the expansions -
    in the last 6 months.

    Blizzard prices to play WOW are $15/mo for month to month, $14/mo for
    3 months, and $13/mo for 6 months. Everquest is $13/mo for month to
    month, and $10/mo for 12months. You get a month with the game, with
    is $30 for the initial version and 7 EXPANSIONS - cheap eh?!?

    It really bothers me that Blizzard is charging to try this game,
    especially as WCIII was such a disappointment to me - the 1st Blizzard
    game I didn't play for more than a couple hours. Therefore, I'm not
    about to spend $50-60 on an unknown game when I can get 5-6 months of
    EQ game time for the money.

    I did try another MMORPG about 18 months ago called Earth and Beyond
    by EA Sports. My friend bought a couple of accounts, and we loved the
    game for about 3 months, then stopped playing it. The graphics and
    effects were a vast improvement over EQ, but playability quickly
    became tiring. E&B was shutdown last month.

    Thanks for your time,
    Julie

    <SNIP>

    Julie Warden wrote:
    > Group,
    >
    > RANT WARNING!
    >
    > I'm not abandoning DII - it's free after all, and doesn't take up much
    > disk space. I play Everquest and still play DII and Starcraft - good
    > games are always enjoyable, even though the jerk factor in DII can be
    > quite high :).

    Weeell, another reason I've not been tempted to try WoW has to do with the
    way Blizzard's handled hacks, exploits, bugs, etc. etc. with the bnet games.

    They're going to have to prove to me that they can and will handle such
    stuff quickly and properly before I'll even so much as consider paying them
    to play.
    --
    chainbreaker

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:47:30 GMT, "Vladesch"

    <SNIP>

    >I guess like EQ, diablo2 is suffering from age. Not sure that the ladder was
    >such a great idea in hindsight either.

    On the contrary, EQ has seen vast improvements in graphics over the
    past 9 months. In Feb/March they released a huge patch requiring
    DirectX 9. The graphics, while still somewhat dated, look as good as
    they can without requiring a P4 2GHz with a $200 Video Card and a
    Cable/DSL connection. I play EQ with a PIII 800 with a 64MB Vid card
    and have to turn down the graphics in crowded areas. I could get
    better graphics if I had a better machine.

    Hopefully, Sony will continue to support EQ as they have promised, but
    meanwhile, it looks good to me.

    Julie.

    "Julie Warden" <julie_warden@spamonlyhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:47:30 GMT, "Vladesch"
    >
    > <SNIP>
    >
    >>I guess like EQ, diablo2 is suffering from age. Not sure that the ladder
    >>was
    >>such a great idea in hindsight either.
    >
    > On the contrary, EQ has seen vast improvements in graphics over the
    > past 9 months. In Feb/March they released a huge patch requiring
    > DirectX 9. The graphics, while still somewhat dated, look as good as
    > they can without requiring a P4 2GHz with a $200 Video Card and a
    > Cable/DSL connection. I play EQ with a PIII 800 with a 64MB Vid card
    > and have to turn down the graphics in crowded areas. I could get
    > better graphics if I had a better machine.
    >
    > Hopefully, Sony will continue to support EQ as they have promised, but
    > meanwhile, it looks good to me.
    >
    > Julie.

    Despite that, theres been a mass exodus of ppl from eq1 since eq2, and I
    suspect another one in the next few days with the release of WOW.
    I think its more the game play than the graphics that are responsible.
    GOD expansion and hypermudflation are probably the 2 biggest factors.

    Basically Sony sacrificed the games balance for short term profits
    (expansion packs with bigger numbers) and are now paying the price.

    Vladesch wrote:
    > Despite that, theres been a mass exodus of ppl from eq1 since eq2,
    > and I suspect another one in the next few days with the release of
    > WOW. I think its more the game play than the graphics that are
    > responsible.
    > GOD expansion and hypermudflation are probably the 2 biggest factors.
    >
    > Basically Sony sacrificed the games balance for short term profits
    > (expansion packs with bigger numbers) and are now paying the price.

    Some of my longtime D2 playing companions left for EQ about a year ago, and
    I considered following them. But the games now in release were already in
    the mill, and after thinking about it, decided I didn't want to invest any
    effort and money into what I essentially saw as a "dead game walking".

    I've decided my EQ2 approach is just to take things nice and slow, and not
    worry about trying to "lead the pack" in anything. If anybody here decides
    to give the game a try, I have characters on the "Innothule" server, I think
    it is--look me up. :-)

    --
    chainbreaker

    If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
    net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

    What's "hypermudflation"?

    Sony has promised that EQ will not die with the release of EQ2. I
    guess we can believe this as long as they keep the promise -
    heeheehee. They have screwed up a few balance issues - like Sense
    Heading (compass function) - but other things have been corrected by
    having level requirements.

    The game is still very playable by my standards. Then again, I still
    like Starcraft.

    Julie

    Julie Warden wrote:
    > What's "hypermudflation"?
    >
    > Sony has promised that EQ will not die with the release of EQ2. I
    > guess we can believe this as long as they keep the promise -
    > heeheehee.

    Exactly. And what else would anybody have expected them to say before they
    had an EQ2 on the ground, anyway?

    They won't kill EQ, at least not for a long time, but I can't see how it
    would make much sense for them to continue more than basic life support,
    considering the reports of people deserting in droves. And unlike previous
    hits where many returned, it's not likely that will happen to any degree
    this time, IMO.
    --

    "sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:<gIKdnXAkAaIGIj_cRVn-oQ@adelphia.com>...
    > Am I correct in thinking that you will have to pay a monthly fee to play
    > online with WOW?

    Yes. And this is what you get:
    http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

    Phil wrote:
    > "sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:<gIKdnXAkAaIGIj_cRVn-oQ@adelphia.com>...
    >
    >>Am I correct in thinking that you will have to pay a monthly fee to play
    >>online with WOW?
    >

    > Yes. And this is what you get:
    > http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

    LOL, it doesn't look that bad :)

World Of Warcraft Games Diablo Video Games