Confused: do GeForce4 Ti4200's have video-in?

ptw

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
Hi there. I've been looking at a few GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB's, and the websites (AOpen, MSI) claim to have video-in capabilities. However, some people who have actually bought the cards claim that they do NOT have this feature, while others claim that they do!

HELP! I want a new 3D vid card that has video-in/capture capability, and I would prefer to go nVidia if possible (since one game I want to play currently only supports nVidia).

If the Ti4200's do not have video-in, can anyone recommend a decent ATI video-capture-only card that I could use to complement the Ti4200? Thanks!

Myrmecophagavir

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
Whether or not VI is included is up to the board manufacturer. So some of the 4200s might have it, some might not. Perhaps some manufacturers have 4200s with and without VI, hence confusion. According to dabs.com (UK site), AOpen have a 4200 with VIVO:

<A HREF="http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-search.asp?action=search&tid=700&mid=814&ob=manufacturer" target="_new">First in the list</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There are no games that only support nVidia to the best of my knowlege. Instead, most use Direct 3D. ATI has the best video input and output.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Agreed, the ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 8500DV would be his best bet. It's not as fast as the TI4200 but it will handle all current games and it includes the most comprehensive set of video editing features of any consumer level graphics card. Better cards can cost upward of $1000, so the AIWR8500DV is a sweet deal.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink: