Sign in with
Your question

release dates..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 28, 2002 1:13:17 PM

i know that this question has probably been asked before millions of times, but i was just wondering whether anyone knew a rough date for the releases of the new graphics chips from the likes of ati (r250 or is it the r300) and nvidia (nv30 is it called)??
im just enquiring this as i would like to know whether people thought it would be a good idea to wait for a newer card to come out, something that supported directx 9 or whether it would be worth just to buy a new geforce 4 ti 4400 (which is the current card im thinking of getting..)
i just wondered whether or not it would be worth the extra outlay for a new new card..
any sugguestions? main point is tho, im after price/performance (best of both worlds if poss..) i know that the g4 ti 4400 is a lot of money, over here in england i think its near £230.. (gainward model) so i was wondering what other peoples opinions where and are...
thanks for the help!

if all else fails... kick it and if it goes wrong, say it wasnt you...

More about : release dates

June 28, 2002 2:07:03 PM

Hey again. Well RV250 and R300 are supposed to be launched on July 17th I hear. That's *launched* which means it'll probably ship in August, although I don't know about England. The NV30 will come out either end of this year or early next year. I posted some ideas about which card to get in your other thread.

:smile: Falling down stairs saves time :smile:
June 28, 2002 2:50:16 PM

I thought the R300 was going to launch a month after the RV250?

I personaly wouldn't spend over 100-150 on a card at this point, especialy because you can still get some nice cards for that price.

If the RV250 is coming out in July, then wait till 2 weeks after it comes out. Prices should have dropped on several cards by then, so you can find a great value.

English is phun.
Related resources
June 28, 2002 2:50:19 PM

Quote:
Hey again. Well RV250 and R300 are supposed to be launched on July 17th I hear. That's *launched* which means it'll probably ship in August, although I don't know about England. The NV30 will come out either end of this year or early next year. I posted some ideas about which card to get in your other thread.

Unfortunately, I heard ATI ships to England 3 to 6 months after the product is released in Canada and the U.S..

Many of our fellow British neighbours were complaining about not being able to get their hands on an R8500 128MB just until recently.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:
June 28, 2002 3:42:45 PM

RV250 will be released on July 17th, RV300 some time in August.

Wow maybe I should finally upgrade my TNT2 Ultra.....

Sex is great but it's no substitute for the real thing.....
June 28, 2002 3:46:28 PM

r250 in july r300 august/september and the nv30 late this year or next year but before that nv18.
June 30, 2002 10:31:44 AM

Updated versions of the current nv25 series (geforce 4) are speculated to be released by nvidia at the end of the 3rd quarter.

This little cathode light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!
!