The most unbiased accurate review I have seen.

nexus_alpha

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2001
This review impreseed me so much I had to cut and paste it.
GeForce 4 Ti 4200 vs. Radeon 8500LE

Conclusion
Performance
Geforce 4 Ti4200 is very fast card. Especially with AntiAliasing it's amazing. But it has poor Anisotropic Filtering performance, although it should improve with coming Detonator 5 drivers, now it's slow.
Radeon 8500LE is not far behind without AF/AA, but any AA over 2x is very slow. AF performance is incredible! only 10-20% performance hit depending on resolution and test. Drivers
Both cards have very good drivers. There are still rumors that Radeon drivers suck, but only issues I have noticed with Radeon 8500 is that AF doesn't work in Windows 2k with Catalyst drivers and with WinXP in PaintShopPro7 selections are not drawn properly. But all games I tested worked fine with both cards. Image Quality
Both cards have very good 2D image quality. I didn't notice much differnce between them on 19" monitor with 1280x1024 resolution. GeForces great IQ was bit of a surprice to me, cause I had only seen Geforce 2 before and it had very blurry image. NVidia has improved a lot here. Way to go!

Creative 3D Blaster Titanium 4200 64MB DDR
++ Performance
+ AA performance
+ Very good Drivers
+ Overclockability
+ Great 2D IQ

-- AF performance

Extremely fast card with great range of supported features. Price/performance ratio is in place. Card overclock very well over Ti4400 levels. Won't get full 5 stars, because of poor AF performance.

Hercules 3DProphet FDX 8500LE 64MB DDR
++ AF performance
++ Features (Truform, PS 1.4)
+ Great 2D IQ
+ Good drivers

- Slow 4xAA

Radeon 8500LE is still one of the best mid range video cards. It's very close to Geforce 4 Ti 4200 in performance and at least at the moment much faster with AF. Truform support is big plus for the card (There is coming over 100 games supporting it), cause it makes games look way better. The fact that 8500LE is little bit cheaper than Ti4200 makes it even more attractive choice, but if you decide to buy either one of these cards you will get very good Display Adapter. Radeon 8500LE get's 4.5 stars also.

I like the part about OVER A 100 games coming out that support TRUFORM YIPPPEE.
The actual benchmarks can be found at hardwarestorm.com

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Im sorry, but trueform and ps 1.4 dont deserve 2 plusses, it appears to me the reviewer went out of his way to make it even.

Im wasted btw.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
PS: unbiased or not, the dumbass only ran 3dmark and quake 3, what kind of review is that?

it is 100% not accurate.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

TRENDING THREADS