HELP!! I made a booboo.

Scotty

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2001

First of all I would like to commend this group for all the support it has
given me over the past. Cheers!

Now the problem.

I went online a couple of days ago and did something I thought I would never
do.......
accept something from a stranger.
I am a legit player, aside from ATMA, cause there is so much cool stuff to
collect.
I now cannot access my assassin, 'bad dead bodies'
I am a little upset first of all for someone giving me something so rotten,
and second of all for accepting it. I think it was some armour.

Now for the question,

I cannot access the character through ATMA, I tried several times but she
won't open up. Someone on Bnet last night told me there
is a character editor I can use to access the file, and dump the bad stuff
off of her. Is this true?
Man that would be great! She is such a good build and I would hate to lose
her, not to mention the great 'legit' gear she has.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

TIA

Scotty.

Hi,

"scotty" <findingfreedom@shaw.ca> wrote in

> I cannot access the character through ATMA, I tried several times but
> she won't open up. Someone on Bnet last night told me there
> is a character editor I can use to access the file, and dump the bad
> stuff off of her. Is this true?
> Man that would be great! She is such a good build and I would hate to
> lose her, not to mention the great 'legit' gear she has.
>
> Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this works with online chars, but afaik ATMA creates backup
copies (*.org) of your chars. So have a look in your Diabloii/save dir and
see, if there are files like charname_1.org.

If you have such an .org file, rename it to charname.d2s (always in the
save directory) and see if ATMA can open it now.

HTH,

Oliver

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:16:16 GMT, in alt.games.diablo2 "scotty"
<findingfreedom@shaw.ca> wrote:

>First of all I would like to commend this group for all the support it has
>given me over the past. Cheers!
>
>Now the problem.
>
>I went online a couple of days ago and did something I thought I would never
>do.......
>accept something from a stranger.
>I am a legit player, aside from ATMA, cause there is so much cool stuff to
>collect.
>I now cannot access my assassin, 'bad dead bodies'
>I am a little upset first of all for someone giving me something so rotten,
>and second of all for accepting it. I think it was some armour.
>
>Now for the question,
>
>I cannot access the character through ATMA, I tried several times but she
>won't open up. Someone on Bnet last night told me there
>is a character editor I can use to access the file, and dump the bad stuff
>off of her. Is this true?
>Man that would be great! She is such a good build and I would hate to lose
>her, not to mention the great 'legit' gear she has.
>
>Any help would be so greatly appreciated.
>
>TIA
>
>Scotty.

Hero Editor will do that, though finding a clean copy of it can be
difficult I've heard. I found out the hard way that Hero will remove any
item not normally found in the game (ie mod game items)
--

Gaze

"Chalk it up to experience" is a euphemism for "Dang I f**ked up!"