All I got was a lousy T-Shirt..

Hi,

well, first Hell Baal run with my ThrowBarb.

WSK2+3 filled with witches, so I just outrun them while gulping a few
health pots. At least in SP, map layout doesn't change, so I know where
to go on the next run.

Baal's level is filled with these lightning snakes and some Gloams,
nothing to dangerous. Killed the Demon boss too fast, now I have Lister's
guys and the rest of the demons at the same time.

Once Lister is gone, his friends aren't a problem anymore. Recharge time
for axes and Enchant and off we go again.

With only health and mana pots at hand, I gotta be careful. I'm faster
than my merc, so I run up to Baal and teleport on top of him.
Immediately, my merc's Decrep kicks in - nice. Soon Baal is down to half
health and I'm outta Mana pots - town trip.

Same procedure - tele on top of Baal. But now Baal calls up his evil
twin, which I just choose to ignore (easy, as he has a full health bar).
If I lock target onto Baal, he can knock me back, but I keep throwing at
him..

I stop throwing just in time to let Mighty Merc do the killing blow for
another 25% MF.

Final Comments:

BAAL: AAARRRGGHHHHH

BoBo: AAARRRGGHHHHH - two stupid effing lousy blues????

CU,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> I stop throwing just in time to let Mighty Merc do the killing blow
> for another 25% MF.
>
> Final Comments:
>
> BAAL: AAARRRGGHHHHH
>
> BoBo: AAARRRGGHHHHH - two stupid effing lousy blues????
>

> CU,
>
> Oliver

Sounds about right.

In 1.10 boss drops were supposedly ramped up for quests.

I ain't seen it wit nuttin'.

'Specially Bale.
--
chainbreaker

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message news:<coce9u$ve9$00$2@news.t-online.com>...

> BAAL: AAARRRGGHHHHH
>
> BoBo: AAARRRGGHHHHH - two stupid effing lousy blues????

Lol, my condolences.

I remember being very excited about doing my first Hell Baal runs in
SP with my nec with over 400 MF. First run: Isenhart's Case. Second
run: some blues. Third run: Isenhart's Case. Took a few screenshots.

And never went back.

Jill

On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...

> BAAL: AAARRRGGHHHHH
>
> BoBo: AAARRRGGHHHHH - two stupid effing lousy blues????

Remember the "virgin trick", as I have decided to call it meanwhile.
Start the game with a "virgin" character that hasn't killed the boss
yet, and then join in with another character and collect the "first
drop".

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

Hi,

Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in

> On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...
>
>> BAAL: AAARRRGGHHHHH
>>
>> BoBo: AAARRRGGHHHHH - two stupid effing lousy blues????
>
> Remember the "virgin trick", as I have decided to call it meanwhile.
> Start the game with a "virgin" character that hasn't killed the boss
> yet, and then join in with another character and collect the "first
> drop".

but the virgin then also gets credited for killing Baal? Or can she just
leave before the kill?

Thanx,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:

[snip]
>but the virgin then also gets credited for killing Baal? Or can she just
>leave before the kill?

Yes, unparty will do.

J:
NP: -
--
http://here.is/ripley/ *4therecords.HCEurope

On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...

> but the virgin then also gets credited for killing Baal? Or can she just
> leave before the kill?

If the virgin is still in another act, or there is no other virgin in
the chamber that sees Baal dying, it *stays* a virgin. At least in my
two-gaming-computers LAN.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:

[snip]
>Same procedure - tele on top of Baal. But now Baal calls up his evil
>twin, which I just choose to ignore (easy, as he has a full health bar).

He has? I think the twin has the same amount of life points of the
original, so if Baal was already down to half the twin should have had
the same, no?

J:
NP: -
--
http://here.is/ripley/ *4therecords.HCEurope

Hi,

Joerg Frey <zyn@gmx.net> wrote in news:qn4kq0tn9sfhi0sqh51mo0cjni6avmm9bp@
4ax.com:

> Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>Same procedure - tele on top of Baal. But now Baal calls up his evil
>>twin, which I just choose to ignore (easy, as he has a full health bar).
>
> He has? I think the twin has the same amount of life points of the
> original, so if Baal was already down to half the twin should have had
> the same, no?

I didn't really look at the twin.. I had the real Baal targetted and just
didn't let go.. I assumed the twin would have full health..

Regards,

Oliver

> On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...
>
>> but the virgin then also gets credited for killing Baal? Or can she
>> just leave before the kill?
>
> If the virgin is still in another act, or there is no other virgin in
> the chamber that sees Baal dying, it *stays* a virgin. At least in my
> two-gaming-computers LAN.

so my Enchantress (<-- she just found a VEX in NM WSK2) starts a TCP/IP
game in Hell Act1, my Barb joins and wanders forward to ACT5 Baal and does
the "Virgin Kill".
As the girl is still in Act1, she doesn't get credit. Right?

Thanx,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:
>Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote:
>
>> On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...
>>
>>> but the virgin then also gets credited for killing Baal? Or can she
>>> just leave before the kill?
>>
>> If the virgin is still in another act, or there is no other virgin in
>> the chamber that sees Baal dying, it *stays* a virgin. At least in my
>> two-gaming-computers LAN.
>
>so my Enchantress (<-- she just found a VEX in NM WSK2) starts a TCP/IP
>game in Hell Act1, my Barb joins and wanders forward to ACT5 Baal and does
>the "Virgin Kill".
>As the girl is still in Act1, she doesn't get credit. Right?

Right.

J:
NP: -
--

jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com (neithskye) wrote in

> Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>
>> BAAL: AAARRRGGHHHHH
>>
>> BoBo: AAARRRGGHHHHH - two stupid effing lousy blues????
>
> Lol, my condolences.
>
> I remember being very excited about doing my first Hell Baal runs in
> SP with my nec with over 400 MF. First run: Isenhart's Case. Second
> run: some blues. Third run: Isenhart's Case. Took a few screenshots.

as I want another Reaper's Toll, I'll have to search in Hell diff. And it
looks like my ThrowBarb can do Hell Baal quite nicely. In a setting with
these little guys WSK2 and 3 are really easy and produce lots and lots of
bodies to hork.

OTOH, I'm also currently maxing my Enchantress for NM Baal runs and she
is much more productive item-wise. Got me Demon Limb this week and today
she found a VEX on the way to NM BAAL..

Regards,

Oliver

> He has? I think the twin has the same amount of life points of the
> original, so if Baal was already down to half the twin should have had
> the same, no?

No, the twin have less hp, but when he spawns, he has the same % of hp left.

"D.Jaffe" <fb063031@skynet.be> wrote:

>> He has? I think the twin has the same amount of life points of the
>> original, so if Baal was already down to half the twin should have had
>> the same, no?
>
>No, the twin have less hp, but when he spawns, he has the same % of hp left.

Yep, that's it, the life bar on top of the screen looks the same.

J:
NP: -
--
http://here.is/ripley/ *4therecords.HCEurope