Anyone ever get this display problem?

mendoman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
While playing a game, i clicked on something that made my display disappear except for my cursor. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of AC. When I got out, my desktop had reverted to 600 X 800. When I went to my display settings and tried to set them back to 768 X 1024, the image it showed me was sideways, and I can't get it working right.

Any suggestions?

PS - Yes, i did reboot and try to change the settings again, but no-go.

Thanks, Troy

I play Russian Roulette everyday (a man's sport),
with a bullet called life

Need more info to be able to help you IE,(System specs, OP sys, Have you recently added something or done something you're not telling us about or did this problem just start out of the blue?)

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
You probably need to reinstall your mobo driver, your VGA card driver as well as directx. The screen revert to 800x600 is because that you were running your game at 800x600 and therefore after the game hung, you were thrown to the desktop with 800x600. If you are using VIA chipset, you’ll need to reinstall the via 4 in 1 driver. I have this problem long time ago with my P2.

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
uninstall all drivers and reinstall all the drivers again.
that applies to video card driver, mobo driver, sound card driver, directx and internet explorer