Access Point and ADSL router

Currently I'm using a Speedtouch (now called Thompson) 510v4 with my
ADSL connection and want to add wireless access for a machine elsewhere
in the house (and the occasional friend with laptop).

Instead of throwing away the router (which I'm very happy with) and
getting another with wireless built in I thought I would get an access
point and connect it directly to the modems inbuilt switch. Am I
correct in thinking this is possible?

This should be pretty straight forward shouldnt it?

The AP I've been looking at getting are below, any opinion (good/bad) on
these, or any alternatives worth looking at (I'm in the UK so I need it
be readily available and well priced (<£80 prefrably))?

SMC SMC2870WUK 54Mbps Wireless Access Point / Ethernet Bridge
U.S. Robotics USR015450 100Mbps Wireless Access Point
Netgear WG602 V2 54Mbps Wireless Access Point
2 answers Last reply
More about access point adsl router

    As long as the Speedtouch has an a free ethernet (RJ45) port then you have
    no issues. Netgear are good, I tried something along those line with a
    Belkin and it was very easy.

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:56:50 +0100, Mike <no.spam@this.address> wrote:

    >Am I
    >correct in thinking this is possible?

    yes

    >This should be pretty straight forward shouldnt it?

    yes, the AP should detect the DHCP server in the router and get its IP
    address from there.

    for less than £30 there's a pocket AP at
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/asus_wireless.html

    or 3 others for less than £50 at http://www.ebuyer.com/ put "wireless
    access point" in the search box.

    Phil

Wireless Access Routers Wireless Networking Product