Hi all!

Got questions about poison damage:

1. The damage of two or more bonuses, how will it be calculated?
E.g. "+50 psn dmg over 5 sec" and "+20/2" will result in?

2a. Does the "+25% to Poison Skill Damage" from Trang-Oul's Claws only
count for the necro skills or do others benefit from it, too.
Thinking about poison javazons, druid's rabies, or assa's venom.

2b. "...skill damage" means, it only applies to poison damage from
skills and not to damage provided by charms or special gear, right?

J:
NP: -
--
http://here.is/ripley/ *4therecords.HCEurope

Joerg Frey schrieb:
> Hi all!
>
> Got questions about poison damage:
>
> 1. The damage of two or more bonuses, how will it be calculated?
> E.g. "+50 psn dmg over 5 sec" and "+20/2" will result in?

Try this calculator:
http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/giftcalc.php

> 2a. Does the "+25% to Poison Skill Damage" from Trang-Oul's Claws only
> count for the necro skills or do others benefit from it, too.
> Thinking about poison javazons, druid's rabies, or assa's venom.

Yes, it works with all character classes.

> 2b. "...skill damage" means, it only applies to poison damage from
> skills and not to damage provided by charms or special gear, right?

No idea.

---
Hannes

On 30-Nov-2004, Hannes Brunner <bruhan12@web.de> wrote:

> > 2b. "...skill damage" means, it only applies to poison damage from
> > skills and not to damage provided by charms or special gear, right?
>
> No idea.

Kind of in the same vein... Why does my poison damage go _down_ when my
assasin activates the poison skill, I have a bunch of poison charms that
seems to be negated when I cast that spell. Is this a bug?
--
Don't Panic!

In article <k07pq01qod9ndpk0su99cefcrca725169p@4ax.com>, Joerg Frey
(zyn@gmx.net) dropped a +5 bundle of words...

> Hi all!
>
> Got questions about poison damage:
>
> 1. The damage of two or more bonuses, how will it be calculated?
> E.g. "+50 psn dmg over 5 sec" and "+20/2" will result in?

20 pts for 2 seconds and 10 for the other 3.

I think. That's just my best guess.

> 2a. Does the "+25% to Poison Skill Damage" from Trang-Oul's Claws only
> count for the necro skills or do others benefit from it, too.
> Thinking about poison javazons, druid's rabies, or assa's venom.

No other class has a poison tree, so it would be only for the necro, I
would think.

--
Starshine Moonbeam
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

In a parallel universe, Anti-ArtDent said exactly the opposite of:

> On 30-Nov-2004, Hannes Brunner <bruhan12@web.de> wrote:
>
>> > 2b. "...skill damage" means, it only applies to poison damage from
>> > skills and not to damage provided by charms or special gear, right?
>>
>> No idea.
>
> Kind of in the same vein... Why does my poison damage go _down_ when my
> assasin activates the poison skill, I have a bunch of poison charms that
> seems to be negated when I cast that spell. Is this a bug?

Not a bug.

The thing is, displayed damage on Venom is over .4 seconds so that means
that a 290 over 10 seconds becomes 29 per second or 11.6 per .4 second.

Since Venom caps poison duration at .4 seconds it means that outside
sources for poison are not really worth it which is a good and a bad thing.
At least you don't have to bother with poison damage items unless it's +%
which does work and can make a big difference.

If you're hitting stuff continuously or every .4 seconds, you keep the
poison counter going and can calculate the poison damage per second by
multiplying the damage by 2.5.

Even at 3/4 with blade fury it usually adds up to a nice amount.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Starshine Moonbeam <silverbells@tacoshells.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1c16de4cda318e4f989ed0@news.alt.net>...
> In article <k07pq01qod9ndpk0su99cefcrca725169p@4ax.com>, Joerg Frey
> (zyn@gmx.net) dropped a +5 bundle of words...
> > 2a. Does the "+25% to Poison Skill Damage" from Trang-Oul's Claws only
> > count for the necro skills or do others benefit from it, too.
> > Thinking about poison javazons, druid's rabies, or assa's venom.
>
> No other class has a poison tree, so it would be only for the necro, I
> would think.

Indeed, trang's gloves do work for a rabies druid and work quite
nicely. The standard rabies druid gear is trang gloves, jalals mane,
plague bearer or death's web (if you can get it), and bramble runeword
armor (if you can get it).

It's not a bonus to poison skills. It's a bonus to poison damage.
Anyone who can deal any poison damage (via charms, items, or skills)
can benefit.

I've never made a plague javazon or venomsin, but I'm positive it
works there too.

keith

Hannes Brunner <bruhan12@web.de> wrote in message news:<313qi7F35dk4gU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Joerg Frey schrieb:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Got questions about poison damage:
> >
> > 1. The damage of two or more bonuses, how will it be calculated?
> > E.g. "+50 psn dmg over 5 sec" and "+20/2" will result in?
>
> Try this calculator:
> http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/giftcalc.php
>
> > 2a. Does the "+25% to Poison Skill Damage" from Trang-Oul's Claws only
> > count for the necro skills or do others benefit from it, too.
> > Thinking about poison javazons, druid's rabies, or assa's venom.
>
> Yes, it works with all character classes.
>
> > 2b. "...skill damage" means, it only applies to poison damage from
> > skills and not to damage provided by charms or special gear, right?

Well it certainly displays it to do so ,wether this is a display
bug like lightening traps i dont know.

Phil wrote:

> Indeed, trang's gloves do work for a rabies druid and work quite
> nicely. The standard rabies druid gear is trang gloves, jalals mane,
> plague bearer or death's web (if you can get it), and bramble runeword
> armor (if you can get it).

How far have you gotten a rabies druid? I've always wanted to make one,
since well before 1.10, but I never found reliable evidence that he
could beat Hell difficulty (not without a lot of tedium, that is). It's
one of my unfinished projects. :) (And I have two months to kill until WoW.)

> I've never made a plague javazon or venomsin, but I'm positive it
> works there too.

I can confirm that it works with the assassin's venom skill.

M.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<318qt1F37cms8U1@individual.net>...
> How far have you gotten a rabies druid? I've always wanted to make one,
> since well before 1.10, but I never found reliable evidence that he
> could beat Hell difficulty (not without a lot of tedium, that is). It's
> one of my unfinished projects. :) (And I have two months to kill until WoW.)

I abandoned him at the end of nightmare in his low sixties. I
eventually went back and rushed him through hell so I could get his
hellforge rune, but I haven't done much else.

I'm not convinced a pure rabies druid is viable in hell either,
without uber gear (poison facets, deathsweb, and bramble). I have a
poison facet, and if I ever find a deathsweb, I might put it in there
and try him again. I found a boneshade a couple months ago, so
there's hope. Without the deathsweb's lower resist, the only way to
get anywhere is with a lower resist wand on switch, and I never cared
for that style or its pace. Maybe if you had a whole lot of crushing
blow, but your only sources are armor and boots. My rabies druid uses
an upped rattlecage, whose monster-flee property helps a little with
crowd control, but it doesn't help with resists in hell.

There is a viable hybrid fireclaw/rabies build you can make if you
have a carrionwind ring (whose carrion vine charges synergize rabies,
freeing up 20 points for fireclaws and its synergies). With fire and
poison damage, you can get somewhere in hell, and fireclaws gives you
something else to do while waiting for the poison to take its toll so
it's probably more fun to play. They also supposedly make good
duelists. I've never found a carrionwind ring, however, so I can't
confirm.

It's too bad trang's wing is necro-only. Its partial set bonus makes
a relatively cheap source of -poison%.

My poisonmancer is also languishing in his low sixties, but he's at
least a little more fun to play: casting curses gives you something to
do while waiting, and attract helps keep them away.

Michael Vondung wrote:
> How far have you gotten a rabies druid? I've always wanted to make one,
> since well before 1.10, but I never found reliable evidence that he
> could beat Hell difficulty (not without a lot of tedium, that is). It's
> one of my unfinished projects. :) (And I have two months to kill until
> WoW.)

I've read quite a few reports of rabies druids doing well in hell.
I believe the key is that rabies is a really fast attack and
that combined with crushing blow deals with everything except
PI/PIs. ( ;) ) It's a project I've been considering too...

Ian