Differences between previous Linksys WUSB11 and current WU..

I purchased two of the previous versions of the Linksys WUSB11 802.11b
USB wireless interfaces about 18 months back. I have been able to use
either one on either computer, even troubleshoot the one that recently
failed using the other. In order to continue to have this
flexability, I though I would replace the failed unit with the same
model; however, when I plugged in the new unit,it is seen as new
hardware in WinXP. Anyone one know the answers to the follow: What
has changed between the previous WUSB11 and currently shipping WUSB11
models? Does the new version work any better than the previous? Does
it work with Linux/Knoppix? Can I have both installed on the same
computer, IE.. not remove the old, so I can swap between thw old and
new model on the same computer?

Old version New Version
WUSB11 Wireless USB WUSB11 Wireless-B
Version 2.6 Version 2.8
Linksys Linksys/Cisco Systems

I was hoping this might be a simple swap out between the broken and
replacement WUSB11 units.

Thanks Very Much In Advance for any insight.
Ron

jay

There probably has been no signficant change other than some bug fixes
and the device ID changed. The product name change just distinguishes
between the slower 802.11b and faster 802.11g wireless standards. Hope
that helps. If not contact Linksys technical support.

> ...Anyone one know the answers to the follow: What
> has changed between the previous WUSB11 and currently shipping WUSB11
> models?
> Old version New Version
> WUSB11 Wireless USB WUSB11 Wireless-B
> Version 2.6 Version 2.8