Radeon 8500 problem

Jeka

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
I have a problem that I was wanting to see if any of you guys can help me with. It is kinda odd, so bare with me. I will put my system specs at the bottom. I have a game that I am experiencing a problem with, this is a Single and Multi Player game. The game works perfectly in MultiPlayer, but when I try to play it in Single Player mode, I can play it for about 30 minutes and my system locks up. I called the Tech support for the game and they were just as confused as I was. You would think if I was going to have a problem, it would be online. The game is Nascar Racing 2002 and I have had this problem since I bought the game. All my other games seem to run fine. My specs are as follows:

Windows XP Pro
Abit KR7A-133R
Athlon XP 1700
512 meg PC2100 DDR
ATI Radeon 8500DV
2 - 40 gig IBM DeskStar ATA100
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
Acer 16x/40x DVD/CD-ROM

I have tried just about every setting I know to try in the game and with the OS and can't find a solution. I am just wondering if maybe the video card is overheating. When it locks up, the GPU and memory on the card are hot to the touch, not scalding hot, but hot.

Any suggestions?

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
it could be locking up because of the heat...try putting some fans in your computer and see what happens...if you dont have any case fans...just open the side of your computer...and set a regular house fan on the side of it and have the fan blow air into the computer.

:eek: <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek:

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Also, you should be able to get a monitoring software that logs your heat and voltages. Have it log them ever 10 seconds, and after it crashes, check the log and see if the power diped or the heat was high.

English is phun.