Text Messaging an i730 from a computer

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The office issued me a Motorola i730. The service provider is
NEXTEL. I have downloaded the manual so I can search it fast on the
computer.

Nowhere can I find how to send a text message to my i730 from my
computer without first going to the Nextel home page, to where it says
<Send a Text Message> and poking in only _one_ telephone number then
sending a text message.

Is this possible?

I ask, because on the previous telephone I was issued, a Nokia with
AT&T as the provider, all I had to do from my computer was poke in 1 +
my telephone number + @mobile.att.net, and send a text message to
_multiple_ telephones right from my computer email application.

Can this _not_ be done from the i730 with Nextel?

Thanks,
bob

Use phonenumber @ messaging.nextel.com

"Bob" <gunni@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> The office issued me a Motorola i730. The service provider is
> NEXTEL. I have downloaded the manual so I can search it fast on the
> computer.
>
> Nowhere can I find how to send a text message to my i730 from my
> computer without first going to the Nextel home page, to where it says
> <Send a Text Message> and poking in only _one_ telephone number then
> sending a text message.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I ask, because on the previous telephone I was issued, a Nokia with
> AT&T as the provider, all I had to do from my computer was poke in 1 +
> my telephone number + @mobile.att.net, and send a text message to
> _multiple_ telephones right from my computer email application.
>
> Can this _not_ be done from the i730 with Nextel?
>
> Thanks,
> bob

Punch in your phone number @ messaging(dot)nextel(dot)com

Don't put a "1" in the front of your phone number.

More information:

http://www.nextel.com/support/faq/twowaymessagingfaq.shtml

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:45:13 GMT, Bob <gunni@mailinator.com> wrote:

> The office issued me a Motorola i730. The service provider is
>NEXTEL. I have downloaded the manual so I can search it fast on the
>computer.
>
> Nowhere can I find how to send a text message to my i730 from my
>computer without first going to the Nextel home page, to where it says
><Send a Text Message> and poking in only _one_ telephone number then
>sending a text message.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I ask, because on the previous telephone I was issued, a Nokia with
>AT&T as the provider, all I had to do from my computer was poke in 1 +
>my telephone number + @mobile.att.net, and send a text message to
>_multiple_ telephones right from my computer email application.
>
> Can this _not_ be done from the i730 with Nextel?
>
> Thanks,
> bob

Mike

Splendid