help w/ installing a new agp card

Baztian

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Yesterday I got a brand new shiny TnT 2 card, 32 megs of memory, 4x agp. I put it in the empty agp slot, reattached the monitor and booted up... nothing. Black screen, 4 beeps.
1 long, 3 short.

What did I do wrong? Was the agp card to much for a P2 333mhz, 30 gb harddisk, 128 mb memory?

Or did I have to enable "boot video from :" agp (instead of pci). I´m a little scared doing this, because if it goes wrong, I won´t be able to get in to the BIOS anymore.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks,

Baztian

>4&*

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
The beep means your VGA card is not properly inserted. Try take it out and install it again. Could be your VGA slot is not in good condition as well. Try tilt the card a little, I mean really little from your slot.

Baztian

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
I´ve tried it and my system still boots with a black screen and the 4 beeps. Should I change the BIOS setting?

Thanks,

Baztian

And remember : >4&*

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That was a full version TNT2, not the cheap arsed M64 or Vanta version? If so, it's a great card for the money, easily beating the MX200.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>