Replacing my PNY Verto GeForce 4 Ti 4400

Comreak

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2002
I upgraded my computer about two weeks ago with several new pieces of hardware. One of those pieces was the video card mentioned in this threads title. I've had nothing but problems with this card, freezing, rebooting, you name it. I've already tried many things to get it working and nothing works. I reformatted twice, tried about 4 different detenators, 4 different 4in1s, played with AGP mod and apperature size, etc. Can anyone recommend a similar geforce 4 card (different brand) that is more stable? And by the way, i had to put my old voodoo 3 2000 in just to get games working correctly. Sad isn't it?

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
First of all: RMA that thing as fast as possible! Most companies have a 1-month window to let you RMA. You probably have to pay a 15% restocking fee but it's worth it if your card is performing that badly. That said, if I were to get a GF4 card I would probably get an Asus or Abit. MSI would work too. They are more expensive than the rest but I think you get higher quality materials on the cards themselves.

This little cathode light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!