3rd attempt at post Merc weapon question

In article <nmXrd.4471$y55.3045@fe12.lga>, The Shadow <a@b.com> wrote:
>For a level 2 merc, Bonehew or Hone Sundan?

You have already received several answers to your question, so stop
spamming this newsgroup with this question!

Patrick.

This thread is the first time I am seeing it, and your response is the
first one I see. I apologize for my news server.

The Shadow wrote:

> For a level 2 merc, Bonehew or Hone Sundan?

*filps a coin*

Tail. Hone Sundan it is, then.

"The Shadow" <a@b.com> wrote in message
> For a level 2 merc, Bonehew or Hone Sundan?

If I had Shaels and an Amn I'd go with the Hone Sundan. Both are okay
weapons. It will only fill the gap until you can obtain a Reapers
anyway. :)

---

3phAse <3phAse@electrickery.com> wrote:

> If I had Shaels and an Amn I'd go with the Hone Sundan. Both are okay
> weapons. It will only fill the gap until you can obtain a Reapers
> anyway. :)

My necro does not like the random decrep from Reapers.
My necro's merc likes his upgraded Hone with amnamnshael.
72-495 base dmg, 14% ll, but it is the 45% CB that makes it so useful
with bosses.
773-3220 total dmg after his might aura kicks in (not counting the CB)

In article <1go9gmr.13wujwx1o0zaruN%ward@megawolf.com>,
ward mcfarland <ward@megawolf.com> wrote:
>3phAse <3phAse@electrickery.com> wrote:
>
>> If I had Shaels and an Amn I'd go with the Hone Sundan. Both are okay
>> weapons. It will only fill the gap until you can obtain a Reapers
>> anyway. :)
>
>My necro does not like the random decrep from Reapers.
>My necro's merc likes his upgraded Hone with amnamnshael.
>72-495 base dmg, 14% ll, but it is the 45% CB that makes it so useful
>with bosses.
>773-3220 total dmg after his might aura kicks in (not counting the CB)

Just curious: What level merc is this, and what other equipment does he
use?

Regards,

Patrick.

Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:

> >My necro does not like the random decrep from Reapers.
> >My necro's merc likes his upgraded Hone with amnamnshael.
> >72-495 base dmg, 14% ll, but it is the 45% CB that makes it so useful
> >with bosses.
> >773-3220 total dmg after his might aura kicks in (not counting the CB)
>
> Just curious: What level merc is this, and what other equipment does he
> use?

level 93.
Wearing Leviathan (+49 str, 21%dr) and Crown of Thieves (9% ll, +25 dex
to let him meet the upgraded Hone's 163 dex requirement)

In article <1gobcfz.103wxtp1a3g18yN%ward@megawolf.com>,
ward mcfarland <ward@megawolf.com> wrote:
>Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:
>
>> >My necro does not like the random decrep from Reapers.
>> >My necro's merc likes his upgraded Hone with amnamnshael.
>> >72-495 base dmg, 14% ll, but it is the 45% CB that makes it so useful
>> >with bosses.
>> >773-3220 total dmg after his might aura kicks in (not counting the CB)
>>
>> Just curious: What level merc is this, and what other equipment does he
>> use?
>
>level 93.
>Wearing Leviathan (+49 str, 21%dr) and Crown of Thieves (9% ll, +25 dex
>to let him meet the upgraded Hone's 163 dex requirement)

I was indeed curious how you circumvented the high dex requirements of
the Hone Sundan. ;) Crown of Thieves is a nice helmet to let him equip
the upped Hone Sundan...

Another route would be to add more CB; Duress armor and Guillaume's Face
come to mind, but it would be quite hard to meet the dex requirements of
an upped Hone Sundan with that. Maybe socketing the Guillaume's with a Ko
or (cheaper) Perfect Emerald (+10 dex) might make it possible...

An upped ethereal Hone Sundan would shave some of the dex req's off of
course...

Hmmm. :)

Regards,

Patrick.