What is it with people these days

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I created a multiplayer game in expansion ladder called cowUmake and limited
the numbers of players to 2. I love the thrill of being outnumbered like
1000 to 1. so as Im sitting there killing all the little shits in sight and
waiting for someone to come make a portal, something strange happened. I got
several people(one at a time of course) who could not make a portal to the
cow level and would not leave so that someone who could would come.......
This was very upsetting to me...... I'd have not been so pissed off if they
were all newbs but some were people who seem to have been playing for years.
I just dont know what the world of rpg'ing is coming to...........

--
The Necro VanTrance

Steve wrote:

> I just dont know what the world of rpg'ing is coming to...........

I think most people just click blindly on names, without checking the
requirements (number of players), since these games fill up quickly.
That doesn't excuse their refusal to leave, though.

Well, with EQ2 and WOW released, I think more of the decent people
wander off to these games. This can't be generalised, but to a degree
this does mean that the percenge of younger players (who don't have the
means to subscribe to WOW) increases a little. There are plenty of good
players left, though, just a matter of finding them. It's one of the
reasons why I play only SP nowadays, when I play (while waiting for
WOW).

M.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

at least some people have the decency to be compliant. the other thing i
hate about newbs and unreliable people in public games is that nothing is
sacred. especially in the cow levels. i was the only one in the cow level
and slaughtered the cow king. suddenly someone ran through and took
everything he dropped. there was some yellow, and a lot of blue........ i
was pissed. this same person stole my charms too. 2 of them. do they have no
respect for anything sacred?

--
The Necro VanTrance

"Steve" <sofadrox4565@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> at least some people have the decency to be compliant. the other thing i
> hate about newbs and unreliable people in public games is that nothing is
> sacred. especially in the cow levels. i was the only one in the cow level
> and slaughtered the cow king. suddenly someone ran through and took
> everything he dropped. there was some yellow, and a lot of blue........ i
> was pissed. this same person stole my charms too. 2 of them. do they have
> no
> respect for anything sacred?
>
> --
> The Necro VanTrance

The unfortunate thing is that no matter who makes the kill....any item on
the ground is deemed 'fair-play'. So.....ultimately....etiquette still
remains up to the individual.

Regards,

Sushi

SushiBoy wrote:

> "Steve" <sofadrox4565@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>at least some people have the decency to be compliant. the other thing i
>>hate about newbs and unreliable people in public games is that nothing is
>>sacred. especially in the cow levels. i was the only one in the cow level
>>and slaughtered the cow king. suddenly someone ran through and took
>>everything he dropped. there was some yellow, and a lot of blue........ i
>>was pissed. this same person stole my charms too. 2 of them. do they have
>>no
>>respect for anything sacred?
>>
>>--
>>The Necro VanTrance
>>

> The unfortunate thing is that no matter who makes the kill....any item on
> the ground is deemed 'fair-play'. So.....ultimately....etiquette still
> remains up to the individual.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sushi

I think Necro was talking about how HE killed the King alone, along with
the rest, and someother guy came along and snagged it

ChristoMephisto

"ChristoMephisto" <Frogger@roadkill.com> wrote in message
> SushiBoy wrote:
>
>> "Steve" <sofadrox4565@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>at least some people have the decency to be compliant. the other thing i
>>>hate about newbs and unreliable people in public games is that nothing is
>>>sacred. especially in the cow levels. i was the only one in the cow level
>>>and slaughtered the cow king. suddenly someone ran through and took
>>>everything he dropped. there was some yellow, and a lot of blue........ i
>>>was pissed. this same person stole my charms too. 2 of them. do they have
>>>no
>>>respect for anything sacred?
>>>
>>>--
>>>The Necro VanTrance
>>>

>> The unfortunate thing is that no matter who makes the kill....any item on
>> the ground is deemed 'fair-play'. So.....ultimately....etiquette still
>> remains up to the individual.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sushi
> I think Necro was talking about how HE killed the King alone, along with
> the rest, and someother guy came along and snagged it
>
> ChristoMephisto

Which is exactly my point. See above post.

Regards,

Sushi

VanTrance wrote:
> That is exactly right Chris. There should be a timeout feature where
only
> the person who killed the monster should be able to acess the drops
for the
> first 5 minutes. It would make a lot of people happy. and discourage
a lot
> of newbs and etiquitte-less people

This sounds good at first glance, but it's really not a good idea.
There are many times when I have worked as a team to take down a big
bad. I did a lot of damage but did not land the killing blow. It makes
no sense that I should be denied my fair share of the drops it that's
the case.

Perhaps only those chars who actually damaged (directly or indirectly
via enchant/minions/etc) the enemy should be allowed to access the
drops. That might work but I suspect that would be a lot of coding for
what is, essentially, a pointless modification.

-Jason

On 8-Dec-2004, "VanTrance" <sofadrox4565@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> There should be a timeout feature where only
> the person who killed the monster should be able to acess the drops for
> the
> first 5 minutes.

Well, IMO 5 minutes would be too long, maybe somewhere around 15-30 seconds
should/would be enough.
--
Don't Panic!

TRENDING THREADS