cow runs

Why when i am a level 12 and i go into a cow level do i gain no exp whats
the level before i can

At 19, you'll get little exp. On USW HCL, we start cows runs at 20. Raven
Claw and enchanted get you to level 24 fast.

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:44:10 GMT, "custard" <custards1@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Why when i am a level 12 and i go into a cow level do i gain no exp whats
>the level before i can

Depending on your gear, you need to be around level 25 to get full
experience. After 32 to 35 the rate drops off again.

Normal Cows are about level 29 or so.
Since you are 17 levels lower, you are getting only about 5% of the
possible experience from the cows.

Also, since you are probably the lowest level party member, you're
share of the "party experience" is also lower that if you were at a
level where you could actually KILL a cow ;-)

You also need to be a lot closer to the kills in the 1.10 patch to
share in the exp than in 1.09 or earlier.

HTH

"custard" <custards1@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Why when i am a level 12 and i go into a cow level do i gain no exp whats
> the level before i can

Cowruns on normal are good for getting from lvl 20 to 25 if you have someone
to kill for you. When you reach lvl 25 you do Baal runs.

At lvl 12 do Tristram runs and after that do Tomb runs untill lvl 20.

Happy rushing/boosting - and remember to play the game also ;o)

Cheers

custard wrote:

> Why when i am a level 12 and i go into a cow level do i gain no exp whats
> the level before i can

"Moo"
The Cow King - Famous last words

I think it was "custard" <custards1@hotmail.com> that wrote something
like...

>Why when i am a level 12 and i go into a cow level do i gain no exp whats
>the level before i can

My plan is to get to level 21, get an enchant and a raven claw bow and
then go solo the cows with as many other people in the game but not in
the cow level. Doing it at level 20 only seems to get me maybe 1 full
level but by starting at level 21 can usually pick up a few levels in
one run.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:11:28 GMT, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
Shugar) wrote:

>I think it was "custard" <custards1@hotmail.com> that wrote something
>like...
>
>>Why when i am a level 12 and i go into a cow level do i gain no exp whats
>>the level before i can
>>

>My plan is to get to level 21, get an enchant and a raven claw bow and
>then go solo the cows with as many other people in the game but not in
>the cow level. Doing it at level 20 only seems to get me maybe 1 full
>level but by starting at level 21 can usually pick up a few levels in
>one run.
>
>Ashen Shugar

From http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/mlvl_lev.html a Hell Bovine is
level 28 - so for max experience, you should start at level 23, but my
own observations are that level 22 is fine. At lvl 22 any chr with a
decent enchant and a ravenclaw will pick up around 3 levels in one
run, but may achieve more if there are more players in the game (I
normally play just with one chr and an enchantress when levelling)

The reason I start at level 22 is so that by the end of one run I'm
set for Baal runs

HTH

Tim

On 6-Dec-2004, "custard" <custards1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Why when i am a level 12 and i go into a cow level do i gain no exp whats
> the level before i can

Since nobody else actually explained, I will.
This same problem was plagueing me and when I asked here I was told that you
need to be at level 20 or higher to get any experience from killing cows,
the reason being that you are supposed to be at least that high to 'do' the
ancients, which is supposedly before the cows.
HTH
HAND
--
Don't Panic!

I think it was Tim Nicholson <tim@spamtrap.intergrowl.com> that wrote
something like...

>On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:11:28 GMT, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
>Shugar) wrote:
>
>>I think it was "custard" <custards1@hotmail.com> that wrote something
>>like...
>>
>>>Why when i am a level 12 and i go into a cow level do i gain no exp whats
>>>the level before i can
>>>

>>My plan is to get to level 21, get an enchant and a raven claw bow and
>>then go solo the cows with as many other people in the game but not in
>>the cow level. Doing it at level 20 only seems to get me maybe 1 full
>>level but by starting at level 21 can usually pick up a few levels in
>>one run.
>>
>>Ashen Shugar
>
>From http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/mlvl_lev.html a Hell Bovine is
>level 28 - so for max experience, you should start at level 23, but my
>own observations are that level 22 is fine. At lvl 22 any chr with a
>decent enchant and a ravenclaw will pick up around 3 levels in one
>run, but may achieve more if there are more players in the game (I
>normally play just with one chr and an enchantress when levelling)
>
>The reason I start at level 22 is so that by the end of one run I'm
>set for Baal runs
>
>HTH
>
>Tim

Yeah, leveling is quicker at 22 or 23 than 21 but I found it quick
enough at 21 to not seem like a waste of time. Of course,
occasionally you might get up to 22 or so before you get around to
doing the cows just from the Arcane Sanctuary, which is usually about
where I'm up to at that time.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

I think it was "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> that wrote something
like...

>On 6-Dec-2004, "custard" <custards1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Why when i am a level 12 and i go into a cow level do i gain no exp whats
>> the level before i can
>
>Since nobody else actually explained, I will.
>This same problem was plagueing me and when I asked here I was told that you
>need to be at level 20 or higher to get any experience from killing cows,
>the reason being that you are supposed to be at least that high to 'do' the
>ancients, which is supposedly before the cows.
>HTH
>HAND

And also, if there's another character in your party in the cows with
you that is over level 24 or 25 (not sure which) that can also do
nasty things to the amount of xp you get. I had a level 1 character
in a roughly 8 player game, and killing something just outside the
rogue camp only got them 1 xp point as my level 8x enchantress was
also just outside the gate.