Barbarian Blues? Need suggestions, please

I'm playing a basic SP game with a Barbarian - haven't done one in ages --
and I'm doing the Max Concentrate, Battle Orders, Weapon Specialty and
Shout. I'm on Lvl 26 and have found several goodies to up the Attack Rating
and am building Strength followed by Dexterity.

Here's where I messed up -- when I finished Act 2 and went to Act 3 I had a
Act 1 rogue who had leaped up to a whopping level 20. I decided it would be
better to have gotten a defense merc from Act 2 whose aura would enhance,
with Shout, a defensive number. The problem was, I did it, giving me
someone with a Level 13. I have some great gear in the next few levels for
the guy, but wonder now if I should go with an Act 3 Cold Iron and then try
for the Act 2 person fresh in Nightmare.

Also, please, given what I'm maxing, what would be your plan? Which of the
"Big 4" would you build up first, or how would you mix maxing each of them?

Thanks so much.

Swami

I think it was SwamiRiver <dearme@so.xyz> that wrote something like...

>Here's where I messed up -- when I finished Act 2 and went to Act 3 I had a
>Act 1 rogue who had leaped up to a whopping level 20. I decided it would be
>better to have gotten a defense merc from Act 2 whose aura would enhance,
>with Shout, a defensive number. The problem was, I did it, giving me
>someone with a Level 13. I have some great gear in the next few levels for
>the guy, but wonder now if I should go with an Act 3 Cold Iron and then try
>for the Act 2 person fresh in Nightmare.

The defensive merc in NM is actually Holy Freeze, not Defiance, so if
you've got your heard set on a defiance merc, you need either get one
from Hell difficulty or train up the one from Normal difficutly.
Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!