Killing Merc

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo2.moderated,alt.games.diablo2.necromancer,alt.games.diablo2.tboh (More info?)

I have finally made it to hell with my Skellemancer. It is going slow, very
slow.

I am trying to make a lean mean boos killing machine with my merc. I am a
level 67 skelemancer running with an act 2 might merc.

Meph was kind to drop me a Hone Sundan. Now I am trying to decide what to
socket it with and what armor and helm should go along.

Here is what I am thinking:

For the three sockets on the Hone Sundan: Shael, Shael, Amn

For the Helm it will be Gullaume's Face

For the armor I cannot decide between Duress or Durlel's Shell.
I like Duress, but Cannot be frozen mod is nice on Durlel's. If I went with
Duress, I could put a Cham on helm, but that sounds expensive.

Feedback please.

Rod.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"rod jenkins" <rodj@rodandmichelle.com> wrote in message

> Meph was kind to drop me a Hone Sundan. Now I am trying to decide what to
> socket it with and what armor and helm should go along.
>
> Here is what I am thinking:
>
> For the three sockets on the Hone Sundan: Shael, Shael, Amn

If you play ladder, thought about upping the Hone Sundan? Badass merc weapon
if upped. Not eth by any chance is it?

> For the Helm it will be Gullaume's Face
>
> For the armor I cannot decide between Duress or Durlel's Shell.
> I like Duress, but Cannot be frozen mod is nice on Durlel's. If I went
with
> Duress, I could put a Cham on helm, but that sounds expensive.

Duress is more efficient as a killer's armor than Duriel's is. None of my
mercs have Cannot Be Frozen at all, it's far from necessary, certainly not
worth a Cham on a merc unless you just have a high runes stash lying around.

> Feedback please.
>
> Rod.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

My necro merc uses Tal's mask, Duriel Shell, and amn amn shael Hone Sundan. He
needs resist from Tal and DS, else he dies too often from ranged attack. I tried
G Face, but switched back to Tal. GF didn't speed up big bosses kills that much,
and the frequent deaths from big bosses annoyed me.

rod jenkins wrote:

> I have finally made it to hell with my Skellemancer. It is going slow, very
> slow.
>
> I am trying to make a lean mean boos killing machine with my merc. I am a
> level 67 skelemancer running with an act 2 might merc.
>
> Meph was kind to drop me a Hone Sundan. Now I am trying to decide what to
> socket it with and what armor and helm should go along.
>
> Here is what I am thinking:
>
> For the three sockets on the Hone Sundan: Shael, Shael, Amn
>
> For the Helm it will be Gullaume's Face
>
> For the armor I cannot decide between Duress or Durlel's Shell.
> I like Duress, but Cannot be frozen mod is nice on Durlel's. If I went with
> Duress, I could put a Cham on helm, but that sounds expensive.
>
> Feedback please.
>
> Rod.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:28:11 -0600, Shiflet wrote
(in article <Jpotd.2110$qN4.245@fe03.lga>):

> If you play ladder, thought about upping the Hone Sundan? Badass merc weapon
> if upped. Not eth by any chance is it?

Not Eth. I will prolly wait to see if I can find a better Hone (IE eth and
better ED) before I up it. I also need to wait for the merc to be able to
use the upped Hone.

> Duress is more efficient as a killer's armor than Duriel's is. None of my
> mercs have Cannot Be Frozen at all, it's far from necessary, certainly not
> worth a Cham on a merc unless you just have a high runes stash lying around.

I think Duress is where I am headed.

Thanks for the info.

rod.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:09:58 -0600, Sean Dinh wrote
(in article <1102464599.970191@news-1.nethere.net>):

> My necro merc uses Tal's mask, Duriel Shell, and amn amn shael Hone Sundan.
> He
> needs resist from Tal and DS, else he dies too often from ranged attack. I
> tried
> G Face, but switched back to Tal. GF didn't speed up big bosses kills that
> much,
> and the frequent deaths from big bosses annoyed me.

I will keep that in mind for a backup.

rod jenkins wrote:

> I have finally made it to hell with my Skellemancer. It is going slow, very
> slow.

67 seems early for Hell. I stayed in NM for nearly ten more levels with
my skellimancer, and didn't find gaining levels too tedious. Just
requires Baal runs, either solo or in groups. I still find Hell in 1.10
to be rather tedious, regardless of the build.

M.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:24:01 -0600, rod jenkins
<rodj@rodandmichelle.com> wrote:

>I have finally made it to hell with my Skellemancer. It is going slow, very
>slow.
>
>I am trying to make a lean mean boos killing machine with my merc. I am a
>level 67 skelemancer running with an act 2 might merc.

IMO 67 is a little young for Hell. What level is the merc?

-- Roy L

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

> IMO 67 is a little young for Hell. What level is the merc?
>
> -- Roy L

67. He is doing much better with the shael ahm ahm Hone Sundan.

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:28:11 -0600, Shiflet wrote
> (in article <Jpotd.2110$qN4.245@fe03.lga>):
>

> > If you play ladder, thought about upping the Hone Sundan? Badass merc
weapon
> > if upped. Not eth by any chance is it?
> >

> Not Eth. I will prolly wait to see if I can find a better Hone (IE eth
and
> better ED) before I up it. I also need to wait for the merc to be able to
> use the upped Hone.

be aware that the dex requirements for a ghost spear are huge

tcells <tcells1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Not Eth. I will prolly wait to see if I can find a better Hone (IE eth
> and
> > better ED) before I up it. I also need to wait for the merc to be able to
> > use the upped Hone.
> >

> be aware that the dex requirements for a ghost spear are huge

Yes. The dex requirement is 163 - a level 93 might merc has only 162.

You will have to HEL one of the sockets or add Dex via hat or armor for
him.