Now I just need a vex

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I finally found an ethereal 4-socket sacred rondache after a couple
years of looking. I've already got an ohm, so the only thing standing
between me and an exile shield is missing a vex. (USEast/nl/sc.) I'd
trade for one, but I already had a traded zod disappear on me
overnight (should've traded it right away), so I'm reluctant to trade.
And cubing up isn't an option off ladder, or else I'd have done that
long ago.

Drops have seemed a little better for me lately, but maybe it's just
because I went back to playing expansion characters and am not as used
to playing with ~450mf. Pindle dropped Bul Kathos's mythical sword,
and meph has been fairly kind the past few days.

"Phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net> wrote in message
>I finally found an ethereal 4-socket sacred rondache after a couple
> years of looking. I've already got an ohm, so the only thing standing
> between me and an exile shield is missing a vex. (USEast/nl/sc.) I'd
> trade for one, but I already had a traded zod disappear on me
> overnight (should've traded it right away), so I'm reluctant to trade.
> And cubing up isn't an option off ladder, or else I'd have done that
> long ago.

Hmm. I never heard of duped runes disappearing.

U¿ytkownik shoof napisa³:

> Hmm. I never heard of duped runes disappearing.

Wake up!!!

> Wake up!!!

I'm quite awake. There have been duped runes all over the realms for years.
It was my understanding that rune and ring dupes were unfortunately not
detectable because they didn't come with an ID like other items have. That
was one of the reasons for the world event. To rid the realms of duped Sojs.
Maybe that was never the case or maybe 1.1 fixed the problem.
Thank you just the same for your thoughtful response.

shoof wrote:
> > Wake up!!!
>

> I'm quite awake. There have been duped runes all over the realms for
> years. It was my understanding that rune and ring dupes were
> unfortunately not detectable because they didn't come with an ID like
> other items have. That was one of the reasons for the world event. To
> rid the realms of duped Sojs. Maybe that was never the case or maybe
> 1.1 fixed the problem.

There was one rust storm where a lot of people started complaining about
some high-end runes missing in their runeworded equipment that they had
traded parts of, and the game after either the complete item or just the
rest of the runes vanished.