GF4 MX440 installing

Hellsbellboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just got a visiontek GF4mx440 64mb video card. since then my winxp system as been randomly freezing, sometimes within seconds of booting up other times I can run it for 3 hours before it freezes. No specific program is running except for Norton AVI 2002, and Zonealarm pro at start up. Everything from the bios to the soundcard and network card have the lastest drviers or bios. Using the newest 4 in 1 drivers, and the newest nvidia offical driver 29.42. I uninstalled the old video card and it's drivers installed the gf4mx and installed its drivers. But the first 2 times I tried the drivers didn't install correctly. So I had to uninstall and reinstall and on the 3rd time it installed correctly.
Can anyone tell me the best way to install a video card on a VIA chipset motherboard?
And what bios config. I should be setting up. My system was stable till I started with this card, but it has alot better image quality and supports dual CRT monitors and is cheap which is why i picked it.

Duron 650
AOpen MK33 kt133 mobo
Antec 300watt psu
512MB PC133 RAM Crucial
20.4 GB Seagate ATA66 5400rpm HDD
Soundblaster live mp3+
and all the lastest drivers.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
nVidia has been producing buggy drivers in order to maintain a performance lead over similar priced ATI cards. I believe the last completely stable driver series was the 23.x

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>