Mauls are not maces...

Just tried Oath (shael pul mal lum) in an ethereal Thunder Maul, and
instead of a crazy thousand damage bear weapon, I only got a gemmed
thunder maul.

Swords/axes/maces = NOT MAULS.

So there, enjoy!

Babe Bridou wrote:

> Just tried Oath (shael pul mal lum) in an ethereal Thunder Maul, and
> instead of a crazy thousand damage bear weapon, I only got a gemmed
> thunder maul.
>
> Swords/axes/maces = NOT MAULS.
>
> So there, enjoy!

(I know, I should have checked that earlier :))

"Babe Bridou" wrote:
> Babe Bridou wrote:
>
> > Just tried Oath (shael pul mal lum) in an ethereal Thunder
> > Maul, and instead of a crazy thousand damage bear weapon,
> > I only got a gemmed thunder maul.
> >
> > Swords/axes/maces = NOT MAULS.
> >
> > So there, enjoy!
>
> (I know, I should have checked that earlier :))

Especially as it is explicitly mentioned on the AS. d-:

KAOS

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:35:58 +0100, Babe Bridou
<babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Just tried Oath (shael pul mal lum) in an ethereal Thunder Maul, and
>instead of a crazy thousand damage bear weapon, I only got a gemmed
>thunder maul.
>
>Swords/axes/maces = NOT MAULS.

Yup. I think Mauls count as Hammers.

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 03:10:09 -0700, Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:35:58 +0100, Babe Bridou
><babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Just tried Oath (shael pul mal lum) in an ethereal Thunder Maul, and
>>instead of a crazy thousand damage bear weapon, I only got a gemmed
>>thunder maul.
>>
>>Swords/axes/maces = NOT MAULS.
>
>Yup. I think Mauls count as Hammers.

Its silly that they make subdivisions just for Rune Words, but it's
true.

Per the AS (http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml):

Clubs = Club, Spiked Club, and Exceptional/Elite versions.

Hammers = War Hammer, Maul, Great Maul, and Exceptional/Elite
versions.

Maces = Mace, Morning Star, Flail, and Exceptional/Elite versions.
This does not include any other types of Maces.

[End Quote]

So, in every other respect a maul is a mace class weapon, but for a
rune word it's a hammer. Go figure.