Rune Word Guru updated

The Rune Word Guru utility at http://bandersnatch.org/rwg/rwg.py has
been updated with the 23 new rune words introduced earlier this
month.

Since I only play SP or LAN, they don't do me much good, but hopefully
some of the community will find the update useful.

Cheers,

Nick

--
# sigmask || 0.2 || 20030107 || public domain || feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')

"Nick Vargish" <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org> wrote in message
> The Rune Word Guru utility at http://bandersnatch.org/rwg/rwg.py has
> been updated with the 23 new rune words introduced earlier this
> month.
>
> Since I only play SP or LAN, they don't do me much good, but hopefully
> some of the community will find the update useful.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nick
>
> --
> # sigmask || 0.2 || 20030107 || public domain || feed this to a
> python
> print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),'
> Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')

OOOOOH! I was hoping you would do that... Thanks!

angst aka poindexstar

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Spiffy.

If you're looking for more features to add, you should consider having
it ask the number of each rune one has, given how many runewords now
require multiple runes of the same type.
But that's really spiffy as is.

"phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net> writes:

> If you're looking for more features to add, you should consider having
> it ask the number of each rune one has, given how many runewords now
> require multiple runes of the same type.

I considered this, but it would require a major re-write of the
algorithm I use to determine which rune words are possible. Currently
it's just taking the set difference, which is basically a one-line
operation in Python. The other issue is that I'd have to replace the
simple checkboxes for the runes with drop-down selections, which would
make the interface hairier, both from a programming and a usability
perspective.

It's a good suggestion, though. If I can think of ways to overcome the
problems, I will probably implement it. (You could grab the source and
do it yourself, I will give you credit if you do so. :^)

> But that's really spiffy as is.

Thanks, I'm glad people seem to like it.

Nick

--

"svenbo" <x@s.net> writes:

> OOOOOH! I was hoping you would do that... Thanks!

You're welcome! Jaroslaw too...

Nick

--

Nick Vargish wrote:
> hopefully
> some of the community will find the update useful.

Oh, yes, for sure! Thanks a lot!
--
*dzid_pl (EuSCL)
*dzid_pl_hc (EuHCL)